Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Perl to add hyperlink to html files Post 302143086 by Raynon on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 10:48:23 AM
Old 10-30-2007
Hi GhostDog,

Thanks for your code.
I roughly know how your perl code works now.
But just one more question.

My shell script created a file named " shelloutput "

where " shelloutput " is the below:
XX 20 $50
YY 30 $60
ZZ 40 $70

How can i pass each term in this file as a variable to the perl code?
In your earlier code, you have assumed 20 as the term for your $XXval variable but in actual fact we do not know until we actually look at the shelloutput file ourself. What we know is that the ouput will be in the form of a 3 x 3 matrix where each term is seperated by spaces and the $XXval will always be the 2nd field if "XX" is the first field

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving .html files while preserving hyperlink integrity?

Hi, I use a Windows-based program called <a href="http://www.coast.com">Coast Webmaster</a> for moving large numbers of HTML files in one directory to another directory. As you drag and drop each file or entire directory of files to new locations in the web root directory tree, this utility... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Buddy123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl and html

hi. im very new to perl. is it possible to fill up a web form and submit it using perl? example, i would like to sign up for a yahoo account though a perl script (ofcourse, granting the "type the characters as shown in imgage" is absent)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Hyperlink with shell script(using mail client)

Hi ! plz let me suggest ..... By using of mail client methods I am trying to send mails through shell script. like.... To: From: Sub: Body: some sample text..... <my requirement is how to add hyper link to some text(click me) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsukumar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML parsing by PERL

i have a HTML report file..its in attachment(a part of the whole report is attached..name "input html.doc").also its source is attached in "report source code.txt" i just want to seperate the datas like in first line it should be.. NHTEST-3848498958-NHTEST-10.2-no-baloo a and so on for whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Hyperlink

Hi Everybody, I am new to this forum. I need help. Here is the details: I have a .csv file in unix server which is 2MB size I am attaching this file and sending to all users who are in my team thru Microsoft outlook. All users requested me to send the link where we can click and open... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: utham1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + Korn + HTML

I have a perl script that prints up the html code and executes a few korn scripts to populate the web code. Disclaimer === I can throw together some korn scripts pretty quick. This code changes pretty frequently. I don't know enough about perl to do everything I need. One day maybe I'll get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i9300
4 Replies

7. AIX

hyperlink settings

Does anyone know the hyperlink settings to look at an AIX5L box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbagwell
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Dynamic Hyperlink

Hi Guys/ Gals, I am trying to create a link based on the current date however it doesnt seem to work. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Here is what i have so far.. <html> <head> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing an HTML file in perl

I'm writing a perl script that writes an html file. use Tie::File; my ($dir) = @ARGV; open (HTML,">","$dir/file.html") || die $!; #-----Building HTML file--------------------------- print HTML "<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Output</title> <link... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add code to hundreds of .html files

Need assistance to add code to hundreds of .html Code will look like below and needs to be added below <html> tag: <script> Some .js code here </script> This will be used in Fedora release 7 (Moonshine). I will appreciate any type of help and/or orientation. Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
4 Replies
term::ansi::code::macros(n)					 Terminal control				       term::ansi::code::macros(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::code::macros - Macro sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require textutil::repeat package require textutil::tabify package require term::ansi::code::macros ?0.1? ::term::ansi::code::macros::names ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides higher level control sequences for more complex shapes. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::macros::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace macros. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. SEQUENCES ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu The description of a menu is converted into a formatted rectangular block of text, with the menu command characters highlighted using bold red text. The result is returned as the result of the command. The description, menu, is a dictionary mapping from menu label to command character. ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string The paragraph of text contained in the string is padded with spaces at the right margin, after normalizing internal tabs, and then put into a frame made of box-graphics. The result is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, control, frame, menu, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::macros(n)