Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VLOOKUP utility in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VLOOKUP utility in UNIX Post 302143072 by hjoshi on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 09:46:15 AM
Old 10-30-2007
VLOOKUP utility in UNIX

Kindly help me to build the script similar to VLOOKUP function of MS Excell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with tip utility in unix

Hi , I have wrote a telnet clinet application to interact with remote system . This program takes the screen shots for every interaction and send back to us. After connecting to remote machine , i want to call tip utility to interact with a device which is connected to one remote system. Now my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadvsda
0 Replies

2. SCO

Zip utility in sco unix

how can zip a directory in sco unix and transfer it to any other system using ftp. and finally how can i unzip it regards, ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajay234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to implement VLOOKUP (Excel function) in Unix

Dear All, i want to implement vookup function which is there in excel into Unix. Suppose i have 2 files. The files are given below. File1: MSC Cell SDCA Patna-1 12 Bihar Patna-2 45 Ranchi Bhopal-1 85 Raigarh Bhopal-2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravani1
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

age utility in unix

Hi, Can anyone explain me the use of age utility and how it works? Looking forward reply... Thanks, Venkatesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help require for vLookup Utility same as in EXCEL

Hi guys, can someone please help me with a vlookup utility in shell script that does the work similar to Excel. Ex: If File1.txt is 1 2 11 4 12 and File2.txt is 1 tab1 2 tab2 3 tab3 4 tab4 5 tab5 then the utility should create File3.txt with the below mentioned output: (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveklgupta007
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX mail utility

Hi, I work on a Middleware application which is installed on Windows, but its file System is on HP UNIX. I am supposed to change the SMTP host address for my application. But I am not able to find the file where the old SMTP host would have been configured/hardcoded. Can anyone assist me on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies

9. Linux

UNIX Utility Development Conventions?

I'm slowly hacking away at a zsh script that shows some promise as a command line tool. I want to learn more about the conventions regarding command line tool development in Unix (and/or macOS), but don't really know where to look for this information. What is the correct way, or convention, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MonilGomes
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compare two files in UNIX using similar to vlookup?

Hi, I want to compare same column in two files, if values match then display the column or display "NA". Ex : File 1 : 123 abc xyz pqr File 2: 122 aab fdf pqr fff qqq rrr (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkoshekay
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)