Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find the IP's on the sever
Operating Systems AIX find the IP's on the sever Post 302142950 by porter on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 04:56:20 AM
Old 10-30-2007
Not sure how your connectivity works but

(a) arp can be used to find locally known IP addresses

(b) "netstat -a" will list all active IP connections and endpoints

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on a different Sever

Guys, I want to run a script located on a different server from my pc. Let say the server has an IP of 1.1.10.2/16 and the script path is: /home/user/bin/check.sh The script scans for all available devices on the lan. My pc has an IP of 1.1.15.4/16 and I can ping the sever and can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command on remote sever from script

I have two redhat linux server. i have created one script which contain some command that run on Local server as well as remote server.I am using this command to connect to remote server ssh user1@192.x.x.x 'command' but when i am running the script in local server it connecting to the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranvijaidba
1 Replies

3. AIX

Aix 5.3 NIS Client from a Suse10 sever

Hello Guys, Unfortunately after look for it on entire www I did not find anyone that have made a tutorial how to make it works. I'm using an AIX 5.3 as a nis client from a SUSE 1.0 server. I can see the maps - ypcat passwd (so I can Bind server) and I can su NIS users. BUT I CAN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPying files from one sever to another server but into specified file.

Hi Friends, My requirement is - I have to FTP a list of files from one server to another sever. I am using following code : ftp -i -n << EOF >> abc.txt open $COM_FTP_RHOST user $COM_FTP_USER $COM_FTP_PASSWORD cd $COM_FTP_PATH ( some folder ) ls -ltr filename* bye EOF After... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree143reddy
1 Replies

5. AIX

Any Additional Steps After Adding New RAM To Sever?

Hi All, We have a server at a client site running AIX 5.3, which we just up the RAM to 32GB, from initially 16GB (if I'm not mistaken). This server is our Application server running J2EE applications on top of Oracle Internet Application Server. Recently we encountered one of the batch jobs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file in other sever

Hi All, I have totally two server. First server name is ABC which contains the file name is Sum.txt and Second server name is Sun here one file generate during the runtime. Currently I am in First Server. Now, I need to compare the server one file (Sum.txt) with server two file. If it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Take Sent Mail Backup in Linux Sever

Everyday my code will send 100's* of mails from linux server to outlook using*sendmail command . I need to take a backup of those mails which are exactly sent from my linux server. This is needed for backup purpose. backuplocation is my local home dir.Is it possible to do this. I dont have root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
4 Replies

8. BSD

Ping remote sever, nc, telnet, whatever

I put this thread to shell and bsd, because I want to resolve this matter on bsd. May somebody can explain to me how to ping a remote server, in unix. BTW the following code examples were tried on a linux system as well, with the same output, nothing. But on my bsd are not installed nmap neither... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cloning an empty sever (except OS) onto a smaller drive?

Actually this is a Centos 6.x question, but I think it fits here. I have a client that has a pretty beefy server that will be running all sorts of VMs once I unleash it to the developers. For several reasons, they would like to do a complete clone of the server as is right now, that is with just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xdawg
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Sever

How do I install a LAMP server on a new installation of Debian 9 using the lalest versions of AMP? Here is what I have. Corrections please. MYSQL apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client You can verify the MySQL server status using command: systemctl status mysql ------- PHP7... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies
arp(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   arp(1M)

NAME
arp - address resolution display and control SYNOPSIS
arp hostname arp -a [-n] arp -d hostname arp -f filename arp -s hostname ether_address [temp] [pub] [trail] DESCRIPTION
The arp program displays and modifies the Internet-to-MAC address translation tables used by the address resolution protocol (see arp(7P)). With no flags, the program displays the current ARP entry for hostname. The host may be specified by name or by number, using Internet dot notation. OPTIONS
-a Display all of the current ARP entries. The definition for the flags in the table are: M Mapping; only used for the multicast entry for 224.0.0.0 P Publish; includes IP address for the machine and the addresses that have explicitly been added by the -s option. ARP will respond to ARP requests for this address. S Static; not learned for the ARP protocol. U Unresolved; waiting for ARP response. You can use the -n option with the -a option to disable the automatic numeric IP address-to-name translation. Use arp -an or arp -na to display numeric IP addresses. -d Delete an entry for the host called hostname. This option may only be used by the super-user. -f Read the file named filename and set multiple entries in the ARP tables. Entries in the file should be of the form: hostname MACaddress [temp] [pub] [trail] See the -s option for argument definitions. -s Create an ARP entry for the host called hostname with the MAC address MACaddress. For example, an Ethernet address is given as six hexadecimal bytes separated by colons. The entry will be permanent unless the word temp is given in the command. If the word pub is given, the entry will be published. For instance, this system will respond to ARP requests for hostname even though the hostname is not its own. The word trail indicates that trailer encapsulations may be sent to this host. arp -s can be used for a limited form of proxy ARP when a host on one of the directly attached networks is not physically present on the subnet. Another machine can then be configured to respond to ARP requests using arp -s. This is useful in certain SLIP configurations. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), arp(7P), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Mar 2003 arp(1M)