Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction?? Post 302142886 by blowtorch on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 03:27:02 AM
Old 10-30-2007
If you have theoretical knowledge of message queues, what more do you want? You already know how to write the code, so just write it. You are just asking for someone to code your application for you, which is unrealistic.

I mean, people have written code before, pointing out specific errors or suggesting improvements. But you are basically asking for an entire application - albeit in the form of 'sample code'.

Also, could you stop the excessive use of '...' in your posts? It is a bit annoying and distracts from the actual subject matter of the post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

2. Programming

Message Queue Problem Again..

Is there any way one can delete , say , a particular message from a message queue on system V? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satansfury
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

message queue problem

I am sending and retriving the message to the queue the problem is after retrieving the message can i see what is there in my message queue. (actually in my application i am encountring some garbage value) so i want to retieve this garbage value and also want to know its size how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
0 Replies

4. Programming

Message Queue with fork() help

hi all... ive been trying this program where i spawn 4 threads... and i am trying to use message queue to send msgs from 3 of the threads to the parent thread... but it doent seem to be working... ive almost pulled out my hair tryin to fix the prob :confused: another wierd thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

5. Programming

message queue

Hello, i need to write a message queue "chat server", that should work only localy. Can anyone please help me with some ideas and peshaps code. I'm studying the UNIX IPC mechanisms right now. So far, i understand how it works but i still cannot get an idea how to write a chat programm... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etenv
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

7. Programming

Message Queue Problem

Hi all, I need help about message queues, i have a server-client program that communicates each other via msg queue, firstly server opens its msg queue and waits for msg then client opens server msg queue and its own msg queue(for receiving msg from server,clients sends msg to server msg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Message Queue in Linux

Hello How can I see the created message queues in the system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
4 Replies

9. Programming

Permission denied when creating message queue

Hi guys. i have wrote a simple program to test message queue attributes. here it is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <mqueue.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #include <sys/stat.h> int main() { struct mq_attr attr; mqd_t mqd; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

10. Programming

creating a message queue using mq_open

Hi all, First of all thanks in advance for reading my post and for your heart for helping me. I am trying to create a message queue using mq_open(name,oflags,mode_t,attr) method. But that function call is returning with an error code EFAULT. By googling it I found that it happens when there is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: parusasi
10 Replies
libebook-1.2(3) 						   User Commands						   libebook-1.2(3)

NAME
libebook-1.2, libedata-book-1.2 - addressbook library, backend library for Evolution addressbook DESCRIPTION
libebook-1.2 provides classes for client interactions. It relies on the classes in libedata-book which runs in an instance of Evolution Data Server to provide the data. libedata-book-1.2 provides classes for backend implementation. Writing an address book backend for the Evolution Data Server involves extending the EBookBackend class and implementing its virtual methods. Backends that require network communication generally extend the EBookBackend class. This class makes sure the backend return the results of its operations asynchronously. Other backends, including the file and vcf ones, extend EBookBackendSync, which is derived from EBookBackend and provides wrappers around its virtual functions to facil- itate backend implementation when network performance is not of concern. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libecal(3), libedataserver(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) NOTES
Sun does not guarantee the stability of these interfaces and does not recommend their use. API documentation for these interfaces is pro- vided by the Evolution free software community for those who wish to develop using these interfaces. However, you can visit the following URL for more information: http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/developer-doc/libebook/EBook.html Written by Nancy Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2006 libebook-1.2(3)