Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem using sleep command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem using sleep command Post 302142568 by porter on Saturday 27th of October 2007 09:21:11 PM
Old 10-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lione.heart
the program run manualy in the first time and run until it gets "Ctrl C" from the user
So it is run interactively in a terminal of some kind, what kind of terminal,

dtterm? xterm? ssh? telnet? console?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I get a command to sleep < 1 second?

I am running a number of processes through a kill -15 loop as a temporary fix to some viscious memory leaks. I cannot pass the entire list of processes through the kill at once, because the nature of the monitoring my client has will cause the software to failover. Because of the large number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sleep problem

hi all i have a menu (solaris unix), and every option calls a fuction. example: Menu_Principal while do case $Opcion_UnCaracter in ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep command

If I give sleep(50) what does it mean? My program waits for further execution or all my other processes wait? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leewar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep Command

I am in need of some help; think I have confused myself. Here is the issue I am faced with. The script log file was fine, the nohup.out file has tens of thousands of lines like illegal use of sleep: sleep seconds So I assume there is something with the seconds calculation in the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glove
1 Replies

5. Programming

problem with sleep command

Hi all, I have a following code,(linux) #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main() { printf("start"); sleep(3); printf("stop"); return 0; } i am getting output as first delay startstop (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sleep command

Hi, Did the sleep command work for hours or only minutes just give description to work on my script waiting for the earliest response (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep command off by a second

Hi Forum Im using sleep in a while loop goes around 10 times. i feed it a variable with the time i what it to sleep for eg sleep $sleepVal and then print system date and time to screen but sometimes 1 second is added to the time why is this here my code sleepVal=5 while do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep command

Hi All, i am very new to shall script . i am not that much aware of sleep command , i want to terminate the sleep command after certain time. following is my code. while loop sleep 1800 messag=/status.sql donethe script will be on sleep untill the messag be comes P. here my requirement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandlysreedhar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep Command

Hello, Need a little help with the script below. I can't get it to sleep :( I'm trying to get this to check if the process is running and if it is, wait 10 secs and check again. Keep doing this until it's not running and then stop checking and send the email. #!/bin/ksh mailto=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep command

I need help in script. I want my one script execute every time at 6:30 am and i have no cron access. So i am putting sleep command there , Script may took half an hour 35 min , it depend upon queries how much it take time, but that is not issue, So i want according to stop time of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
15 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a POSIX (GNU) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)