Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error message while executing the shell script Post 302142234 by ajayyaduwanshi on Thursday 25th of October 2007 05:15:22 AM
Old 10-25-2007
Error while excuting shell scriptHi

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, the vary first error is removed because of your suggestion, however I am still getting No such file or directory error for
800PBXMAIN.jar file and the directory jarfiles, even though the file and the directory is present in the folder.I also changed the mode of the file and the directory to RWX.

Thanks & Regards

Ajay Singh Yaduwanshi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in shell script

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell script in Linux

Hi, I have following shell script code : ------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/bash SCRIPTS_DIR="/scriptsDir1" # tables login/password APIL_USER="uname/pswd" I2_USER="uname/pswd" # Database DB="db1" cd "$SCRIPTS_DIR/scriptsDir2" sqlplus... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
2 Replies

4. Linux

Error executing shell script in Linux

Hi, I have following shell script code : ------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/bash SCRIPTS_DIR="/scriptsDir1" # tables login/password APIL_USER="uname/pswd" I2_USER="uname/pswd" # Database DB="db1" cd "$SCRIPTS_DIR/scriptsDir2" sqlplus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing expect script giving message as bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi Gurus, I am new to scripting and needs your help in expect script used for telnet. I wrote a simple script as #!/usr/bin/expect-5.43 -f spawn telnet localhost 2233 expect "password:" send "secret\r" send "i data.cnbc.com\r" send "exit\r" expect eof When I am trying to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks_yv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

error when executing shell scrpit

Guys, when i am executing the following script I am getting following error. -bash: test.sh: command not found $ test.sh -- script name #! /bin/bash echo " Job started........" CURRENTDIR=`pwd` exit 0 thanks Please view this link: How to use ... tags (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/tme-0.8/bus/multibus:~/tme-0.8/bus/sbus:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits32:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits64:~/tme-0.8/generic:~/tme-0.8/host/bsd:~/tme-0.8/host/gtk:~/tme-0.8/host/posix:~/tme-0.8/ic:~/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754:~/tme-0.8/ic/m68k:~/tme-0.8/ic/sparc:~/tme-0.8/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SP2-0642 error while executing procedure from shell script

hi all, i have a unix script where i am calling a database procedure from it. while executing the procedure i am getting an error: but when i tried to call the same procedure manually then it ran successfully, i goggled this issue and found timezone.dat file missing at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing the shell script

Hi Gurus, The following script fails with the error 'command not found' while trying to execute. As the error indicates, the script fails at ROW#30 where the EOF is defined for SQL statement. It appears that the script is trying execute the lines in the SQL output written to ta spool file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
7 Replies
scala(1)							   USER COMMANDS							  scala(1)

NAME
scala - Run code in the Scala 2 language SYNOPSIS
scala [ <option> ]... [ <torun> <argument>... ] PARAMETERS
<compiler-option> Any scalac option. See scalac(1). -howtorun:<how> How to execute <torun>, if it is present. Options for <how> are guess (the default), script, and object. -i Requests that a file be pre-loaded. It is only meaningful for interactive shells. -e Requests that its argument be executed as Scala code. -savecompiled Save this compiled version of scripts in order to speed up later executions of the same script. When running a script, save the compiled version of in a file with the same name as the script but with an extension of .jar. On subsequent runs of the same script, the pre-compiled .jar file will be used if it is newer than the script file. -nocompdaemon Do not use the fsc offline compiler. -D<property=value> Set a Java system property. If no value is specified, then the property is set to the empty string. <torun> A top-level object or a script file to run. <argument> An arguments to pass to <torun>. DESCRIPTION
The scala utility runs Scala code using a Java runtime environment. The Scala code to run is specified in one of three ways: 1. With no arguments specified, a Scala shell starts and reads commands interactively. 2. With -howtorun:object specified, the fully qualified name of a top-level Scala object may be specified. The object should previ- ously have been compiled using scalac(1). 3. With -howtorun:script specified, a file containing Scala code may be specified. If -howtorun: is left as the default (guess), then the scala command will check whether a file of the specified name exists. If it does, then it will treat it as a script file; if it does not, then it will treat it as the name of an object. In all three cases, arbitrary scalac options may be specified. The most common option is to specify a classpath with -classpath, but see the scalac(1) page for full details. If an object is specified to run, then that object must be a top-level Scala object with the specified name. The object must define a method main with the following signature: def main(args: Array[String]): Unit The method must return a Unit value, and it must accept a String array as a parameter. All arguments specified on the command line will be passed as arguments to the main method. If a script file is specified to run, then the file is read and all Scala statements and declarations in the file are processed in order. Any arguments specified will be available via the argsvariable. Script files may have an optional header that is ignored if present. There are two ways to format the header: either beginning with #! and ending with !#, or beginning with ::#! and ending with ::!#. Such a header must have each header boundary start at the beginning of a line. Headers can be used to make stand-alone script files, as shown in the examples below. If scala is run from an sbaz(1) directory, then it will add to its classpath any jars installed in the lib directory of the sbaz directory. Additionally, if no -classpath option is specified, then scala will add ".", the current directory, to the end of the classpath. OPTIONS
If any compiler options are specified, they must be first in the command line and must be followed by a bare hypen ("-") character. If no arguments are specified after the optional compiler arguments, then an interactive Scala shell is started. Otherwise, either a script file is run, or a pre-compiled Scala object is run. It is possible to distinguish the last two cases by using an explicit -object or -script flag, but usually the program can guess correctly. ENVIRONMENT
JAVACMD Specify the java command to be used for running the Scala code. Arguments may be specified as part of the environment variable; spaces, quotation marks, etc., will be passed directly to the shell for expansion. JAVA_HOME Specify JDK/JRE home directory. This directory is used to locate the java command unless JAVACMD variable set. JAVA_OPTS Specify the options to be passed to the java command defined by JAVACMD. With Java 1.5 (or newer) one may for example configure the memory usage of the JVM as follows: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms16M -Xss16M" With GNU Java one may configure the memory usage of the GIJ as follows: JAVA_OPTS="--mx512m --ms16m" EXAMPLES
Here are some examples of running Scala code: Execute a Scala program generated in the current directory scala hello.HelloWorld Execute a Scala program generated in a user-defined directory classes scala -classpath classes hello.HelloWorld Execute a Scala program using a user-defined java command env JAVACMD=/usr/local/bin/cacao scala -classpath classes hello.HelloWorld Execute a Scala program using JVM options env JAVACMD=java JAVA_OPTS="-Dmsg=hello -enableassertions" scala -classpath classes hello.HelloWorld Here is a complete Scala script for Unix: #!/bin/sh exec scala "$0" "$@" !# Console.println("Hello, world!") argv.toList foreach Console.println Here is a complete Scala script for MS Windows: ::#! @echo off call scala %0 %* goto :eof ::!# Console.println("Hello, world!") argv.toList foreach Console.println If you want to use the compilation cache to speed up multiple executions of the script, then add -savecompiled to the scala command: #!/bin/sh exec scala -savecompiled "$0" "$@" !# Console.println("Hello, world!") argv.toList foreach Console.println EXIT STATUS
The scala command returns a zero exit status if it succeeds. Non zero is returned in case of any error. If a script or top-level object is executed and returns a value, then that return value is passed on to scala. AUTHOR
Written by Martin Odersky and other members of the Scala team. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala. COPYRIGHT
This is open-source software, available to you under a BSD-like license. See accomponying "copyright" or "LICENSE" file for copying condi- tions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
fsc(1), sbaz(1), scalac(1), scaladoc(1), scalap(1) version 0.5 April 18, 2007 scala(1)