Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ufsdump/ufsrestore problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ufsdump/ufsrestore problem Post 302142139 by shorty on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 04:24:08 PM
Old 10-24-2007
This is what I did..............

#mt -f /dev/rmt/0 rewind
#ufsrestore i /dev/rmt/0
ufsrestore > what
Dump date: Tue Oct 23 14:19:40 2007
Dumped from: the epoch
Level 9 dump of /apps on gambler:/dev/dsk/c1t9d0s3
Label: none
ufsrestore > quit

#mt fsf 1
#ufsrestore i /dev/rmt/0n
open: No such file or directory
cannot open symbol table file ./restoresymtable

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UFSDUMP & UFSRESTORE problems

Hi, guys ! I need some expert help on following problem: When trying to restore content of a machine using another backup machine using Ufsdump/Ufsrestore, it worked on /local1, but when attemting to do the same on /local2,/local3 and /local4, I get permission problems. Running superuser does... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
9 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore problem

I created a ufsdump of a directory (opt) to a file. The partition it was on had to be resized. I resized the partition. I did a newfs on it. I remounted the partition. I ran ufsrestore fs /tmp/opt.dmp in the /opt directory. It worked the first time. Then I found out I had to resize the partition. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dredarrow
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Using ufsdump and ufsrestore

HI Gurus, I have a sunfire V445 server running SAP ECC 6.0 with an Oracle database on Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9). I recently completed a ufsdump to tape of the following files:- /, /usr, /oracle, /export, /sapr3, I want to restore these files from tape onto a different server of the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building New server using Ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building New server using ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with ufsdump

Hi All Please help I am trying to dump /var to other disk with below command # ufsdump 0uf /backup /var and i am getting below error DUMP: NEEDS ATTENTION: Cannot open 'sun1/dump' . Do you want to retry the open? ( "Yes" or "No" ) and it's not moving ahead. What am i am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to pipe ufsdump to ufsrestore?

Dear all, i want to copy the partition contents from a smaller disk to a larger disk but without modifying the target disk partition size. To this end, i tried to use piping ufsdump to ufsrestore as 'ufsdump 0f - /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 l ufsrestore -i - /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0' but it was not successful. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to pipe ufsdump to ufsrestore?

Dear all, i want to copy the partition contents from a smaller disk to a larger disk but without modifying the target disk partition size. To this end, i tried to use piping ufsdump to ufsrestore as 'ufsdump 0f - /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 l ufsrestore -i - /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0' but it was not successful. Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup

hi, was wondering if there is a problem with the patches, and if we wish to restore everything back to square one, how should we go about using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup data ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in test file operator on a ufsdump archive file mount nfs

Hi, I would like to ask if someone know how to test a files if exist the file is a nfs mount ufsdump archive file.. i used the test operator -f -a h almost all test operator but i failed file1=ufs_root_image.dump || echo "files doesn't exist && exit 1 the false file1 is working but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies
device_maps(4)                                                     File Formats                                                     device_maps(4)

NAME
device_maps - device_maps file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/device_maps DESCRIPTION
The device_maps file contains access control information about each physical device. Each device is represented by a one line entry of the form: device-name : device-type : device-list : where device-name This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the physical device. This field contains no embedded white space or non- printable characters. device-type This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the generic device type. This field identifies and groups together devices of like type. This field contains no embedded white space or non-printable characters. device-list This is a list of the device special files associated with the physical device. This field contains valid device special file path names separated by white space. The device_maps file is an ASCII file that resides in the /etc/security directory. Lines in device_maps can end with a `' to continue an entry on the next line. Comments may also be included. A `#' makes a comment of all further text until the next NEWLINE not immediately preceded by a `'. Leading and trailing blanks are allowed in any of the fields. The device_maps file must be created by the system administrator before device allocation is enabled. This file is owned by root, with a group of sys, and a mode of 0644. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample device_maps file # scsi tape st1: rmt: /dev/rst21 /dev/nrst21 /dev/rst5 /dev/nrst5 /dev/rst13 /dev/nrst13 /dev/rst29 /dev/nrst29 /dev/rmt/1l /dev/rmt/1m /dev/rmt/1 /dev/rmt/1h /dev/rmt/1u /dev/rmt/1ln /dev/rmt/1mn /dev/rmt/1n /dev/rmt/1hn /dev/rmt/1un /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/1bn: FILES
/etc/security/device_maps SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), deallocate(1), dminfo(1M), list_devices(1) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 16 Jan 2001 device_maps(4)