Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extension problem please help Post 302142074 by sharmasdeepti on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 07:09:17 AM
Old 10-24-2007
extension problem please help

I am executing a program wp1s0000.sh_old and it is executing as expected irrespective of the extension "sh_old"

how is this possible ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change extension?

How do you write a shell script that change the extension of all the files? e.g chext rtf doc where .rtf is the original extension and .doc is the new extension is it something to do with basename? do I need a for loop? Please help! Unix SuperNewbie (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkwan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem for extension .fs in Linux

Hi, My company has a RH Linux AS server ( Linux 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp ). I'm currently writing some shell scripts. I observed that if I vi a file with .fs extension. It prompts me the following error: "123.fs" 0L, 0C W18: Invalid character in group name If I vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing extension

Hi , I need to replace the file name extension with txt to csv,i wrote the below script when executing its giving the below error.Please anyone how to do this? $ a2.sh mv: *.: cannot access: No such file or directory ./a2.sh: o: bad number $ vi a2.sh a2.sh ----- #!/bin/ksh txt=$1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

without extension

Hi, I need a help regarding a small requirement. I have a list of C files. I need to put them in a file but without .c extension. say if I have the files as file01.c, file02.c, file03.c etc My file say cfiles should have file01 file02 file03 ... ... etc Appreciate your quick help on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look for more then one extension.

I am currently scanning a directory with a shell script to look for all files with a .sh extension. I am wondering how to make it look for more then one extension. For example all .sh, .conf, and .sql files? Currently this is what I am doing.... find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the file extension

I have a file n06-z30-sr65-rgdt0p25-varp0.25-8x6drw-test.cmod and I want to get the extension. At the moment I have set filextension = `echo $f | awk 'BEGIN {FS="."} {print $2}'` which of course does not work as there is a point in varp0.25 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print this out without a extension?

i have a file abc.dat that has the below content abc.dat: - 123.dat now, i want to print/output only the below 123 from the file content.( see..i want to chop off .dat extension) kindly advise on this in ksh- i just want to the flag i should pass to the cat command - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Length extension

Ok I have a PERL script that reads an .xml file. One of the new services listed in the file, is alot longer than the others. I am trying to get a way for the spaces of the Service module to read the .xml file and set the length of the %s to the longest Service my $jmsfn = "jms-connection.xml"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping without extension

I currently have a code that find and zip all files in current folder and zip it, the problem is the name of the zip will include the extension as well and I don't want it. for ex: Volvo-red.swf -> Volvo-red.swf.zip find . -maxdepth 1 -type f ! -name ".*" -exec bash -c 'zip -r "$0.zip"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frozen77
6 Replies
OPENPAM_GET_OPTION(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				     OPENPAM_GET_OPTION(3)

NAME
openpam_get_option -- returns the value of a module option LIBRARY
Pluggable Authentication Module Library (libpam, -lpam) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <security/pam_appl.h> #include <security/openpam.h> const char * openpam_get_option(pam_handle_t *pamh, const char *option); DESCRIPTION
The openpam_get_option function returns the value of the specified option in the context of the currently executing service module, or NULL if the option is not set or no module is currently executing. RETURN VALUES
The openpam_get_option function returns NULL on failure. SEE ALSO
openpam_set_option(3), pam(3) STANDARDS
The openpam_get_option function is an OpenPAM extension. AUTHORS
The openpam_get_option function and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and Network Associates Laborato- ries, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
December 18, 2011 BSD