Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux NFS not mounting during kickstart Post 302141998 by Andrek on Tuesday 23rd of October 2007 11:39:33 PM
Old 10-24-2007
Hi Porter - Thanks of the start in trouble shooting. I have a few areas to double check first.
FYI I an nfs mounting by IP.
Ihave check the target server and nfsd is running and I have re-exported (exportfs) the file systems....

I think it may be network related....

Will let you know as I move forward on this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Write permisson in NFS mounting

Hi all i have done set up for nfs. at server <dir> <client IP>/<netmask>(rw,sync) at client mount -o rw -nfs <server IP>:<dir1><dir2> with this i am successful in mounting the directory with write permission. But the write permission is not activate in client machine for the file which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
5 Replies

2. Solaris

problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line: share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this: + When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting an NFS share: Kickstart Postinstall

For my kickstart install I use an NFS share on another machine in order to install the packages. For the most part, all configuration required after each time I reimage is set up in the kickstart file, but this one portion is giving me issues. I'm trying to mount an NFS share in the kickstart post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL5 Kickstart NFS & DHCP Problem

I just finished setting up a Kickstart Server for our RHEL 5 installs. It's configured to use the PXE boot and NFS for the installation. Everything works fine when I just build one machine at a time. The installation works from begining to end. But when I try the install three machines at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apfistler
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There, I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue. Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks. Regards, Regmaster (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS mounting from client pc

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS mounting issue

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Mounting NFS

Hi, I am having some issues mounting NFS files. for some reason the mount -F nfs is not being recognized.. bash-3.2# mount -F nfs -o rw 192.168.245.129:/mnt/nfs1/ /mnt UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: V-3-20135: FSType nfs not recognized UX:vxfs mount: INFO: V-3-20147: Usage: mount {special |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
5 Replies
LIVEMEDIA-CREATOR(1)					      General Commands Manual					      LIVEMEDIA-CREATOR(1)

NAME
livemedia-creator - Create live install media SYNOPSIS
livemedia-creator [-h] (--make-iso | --make-disk | --make-fsimage | --make-appliance | --make-ami) [--iso ISO] [--disk-image DISK_IMAGE] [--fs-image FS_IMAGE] [--ks KS] [--image-name IMAGE_NAME] [--image-only] [--keep-image] [--no-virt] [--proxy PROXY] [--anaconda-arg ANACONDA_ARGS] [--armplatform ARMPLATFORM] [--location LOCATION] [--logfile LOGFILE] [--lorax-templates LORAX_TEMPLATES] [--tmp TMP] [--resultdir RESULT_DIR] [--app-name APP_NAME] [--app-template APP_TEMPLATE] [--app-file APP_FILE] [--ram MEMORY] [--vcpus VCPUS] [--vnc VNC] [--arch ARCH] [--kernel-args KERNEL_ARGS] [--dracut-arg DRACUT_ARGS] [--title TITLE] [--project PROJECT] [--releasever RELEASEVER] [--volid VOLID] [--squashfs_args SQUASHFS_ARGS] DESCRIPTION
livemedia-creator uses Anaconda, kickstart and Lorax to create bootable media that use the same install path as a normal system install. It can be used to make live isos, bootable (partitioned) disk images and filesystem images for use with virtualization. The general idea is to use virt-install to install into a disk image and then use the disk image to create the bootable media. livemedia-creator --help will describe all of the options available. At the minimum you need: --make-iso to create a final bootable .iso --iso to specify the Anaconda install media to use with virt-install --ks is the kickstart to use to install the system OPTIONAL ARGUMENTS
: -h, --help show this help message and exit --make-iso Build a live iso --make-disk Build a partitioned disk image --make-fsimage Build a filesystem image --make-appliance Build an appliance image and XML description --make-ami Build an ami image --iso ISO Anaconda installation .iso path to use for virt-install --disk-image DISK_IMAGE Path to disk image to use for creating final image --fs-image FS_IMAGE Path to filesystem image to use for creating final image --ks KS Kickstart file defining the install. --image-name IMAGE_NAME Name of fs/disk image to create. Default is a random name. --image-only Exit after creating fs/disk image. --keep-image Keep raw disk image after .iso creation --no-virt Use Anaconda's image install instead of virt-install --proxy PROXY proxy URL to use for the install --anaconda-arg ANACONDA_ARGS Additional argument to pass to anaconda (no-virt mode). Pass once for eachargument --armplatform ARMPLATFORM the platform to use when creating images for ARM, i.e., highbank, mvebu, omap,tegra, etc. --location LOCATION location of iso directory tree with initrd.img and vmlinuz. Used to run virt-install with a newer initrd than the iso. --logfile LOGFILE Path to logfile --lorax-templates LORAX_TEMPLATES Path to mako templates for lorax --tmp TMP Top level temporary directory --resultdir RESULT_DIR Directory to copy the resulting images and iso into. Defaults to the temporaryworking directory --title TITLE Substituted for @TITLE@ in bootloader config files --project PROJECT substituted for @PROJECT@ in bootloader config files --releasever RELEASEVER substituted for @VERSION@ in bootloader config files --volid VOLID volume id --squashfs_args SQUASHFS_ARGS additional squashfs args APPLIANCE ARGUMENTS
: --app-name APP_NAME Name of appliance to pass to template --app-template APP_TEMPLATE Path to template to use for appliance data. --app-file APP_FILE Appliance template results file. VIRT-INSTALL ARGUMENTS: --ram MEMORY Memory to allocate for installer in megabytes. --vcpus VCPUS Passed to --vcpus command --vnc VNC Passed to --graphics command --arch ARCH Passed to --arch command --kernel-args KERNEL_ARGS Additional argument to pass to the installation kernel DRACUT ARGUMENTS
: --dracut-arg DRACUT_ARGS Argument to pass to dracut when rebuilding the initramfs. Pass this once foreach argument. NOTE: this overrides the default. SEE ALSO
Documentation in /usr/share/docs/lorax/README.livemedia-creator AUTHOR
Brian C. Lane 2013-07-26 LIVEMEDIA-CREATOR(1)