Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pid of nohup process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pid of nohup process Post 302141976 by mvijayv on Tuesday 23rd of October 2007 06:42:03 PM
Old 10-23-2007
got it ....
$! gives the child pid .....

Code:
nohup /start/script.ksh 1>/dev/null 2>&1
print $! > .pid

nohup /start/script2.ksh 1>/dev/null 2>&1
print $! >> .pid

Vj

Last edited by radoulov; 08-30-2011 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: Code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nohup process hangs

Hi All, I tried searching for this, but I have yet to find anything useful. So here goes, if a script executed from another script with nohup & hangs, does it affect the parent script? Reason I ask, we have a windows box with NFS, and we use it to store some of our files. Currently, I mount the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sully
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nohup and background process

What is the difference between running a process using nohup and running a process in background ? Please explain (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srksn
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output nohup file containg the PID

Hi to everybody. Is it possible to nohup a process and redirect the output to a file containing the PID? E.g. if nohup filename > out.nohup associate the PID=8074 to filename, is it possible to call the output file something like out_8074.nohup instead of out.nohup? By this way it would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsrn
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process status for NOHUP command

Hi, I have run a shell script as a background process using 'nohup' command. I want to see the process id of this, so that I will be able to kill it later on when required. I tried to collect these details using 'ps' command and could not view this information. How do we get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing process Id of a nohup command

Hi, I am running below code: for i in `ls` do nohup sqlldr userid=apps/apps data=data01.dat log=my1.log control=my.ctl bad=my1.bad direct=yes silent=all parallel=true & done This will run the sqlldr command in parallel as a background process. I want to store the process Id each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to save a pid of a child started with $: su <user> -c “nohup …”

Hello, I want to save pid of a child process but I get empty file. su myuser -c "nohup ./mydaemon.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 & print $! > mydaemon.pid" This one works: nohup ./mydaemon.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 & print $! > mydaemon.pid Please help. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincegata
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding the exit status of a 'nohup' command using 'PID'.

Hello All, I need to run a set of scripts, say 50 of them, parallely. I'm running these 50 scripts, from inside a script with the help of 'nohup' command. 1.The fifty scripts are stored in a separate file. 2.In a master script, i'm reading every line of the file through loop and executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running process in nohup

Hi All, I am facing issue in running a process in nohup. I ran a process in terminal since it is taking too long to complete I need to make it as background and nohup. I tried below and was able to make it in back ground 1. Cntrl + Z 2. bg I am using Korn Shell so disown is not working... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill nohup process with changing PID

Hi there! I have a tricky problem concerning a nohup process: I started a python2.7 script which loops over a function. At the end it restarts the function. Due to a mistake I'm now having a never ending nohup process that I have to kill. I started the program execution with: >>nohup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lydia
4 Replies