Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing output from SQL querry Post 302141811 by radoulov on Monday 22nd of October 2007 03:00:27 PM
Old 10-22-2007
Why don't you tell us what exactly you want to check?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

text parsing querry

$ A=/t1/bin/f410pdb oIFS=$IFS IFS=/ $ set -- $A $ IFS=$oIFS $ echo $2 t1 $ echo $3 bin $ echo $4 f410pdb can any one please explain me what is done with IFS and how it is working internally ...i am interested to know in depth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output

I have a file that contains the output of the ls -iR command, something like this: ./results: 2504641011 result_1410 2500957642 result_525 2504641012 result_1425 2500957643 result_540 ./tests/1: 2500788755 1 2500788743 1000 ./tests/2: 2500788759 3 2500788758 999 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing output

I need to parse the following out put and determine if the USB is a DISK and whether or not it's External. If an HBA line contains "USB" then does the next line contain "DISK" and "External". 0:0,31,0: HBA : (aacraid,1) AAC SCSI 0,0,0: DISK : Adaptec ASR4800SAS Volu0001 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing the following db2 sql querry in unix

Hi All, Please help me out in executing the following db2 querry in unix db2 "select AP_RQ_ACQ_INST_ID || ',' || txn_classifier || ',' || AP_RS_RESP_CD || ',' || (count(*) AS COUNT1) || ',' || (SUM(AP_RQ_TXN_AMT) AS TOTAL_AMT) from TXN_RECORD where CREATE_TS > '2010-11-22 11:00:00.008645' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dudd9
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output

Can somebody provide a solution to parse the following; cat /tmp/xxx Name: QUE_REQU (o.mtaseast-o.dmart) (MTPost queue) Number of messages: 66446 (Age 686 min; Size 214 mb) Backlog (messages): 0 (Age 0 min) Name: QUE_REQU... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Output of a Variable

i have a log file that contains something similar to this: one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a sql querry from shell script?

hello forum , I am new to shell scripting. as part of my assignment i have to execute a sql querry from the shell script. please help me. example. sql queerry:db2 "select emp_id from tsble emp". i have to execute the above querry from the script. advance thanks to forum Siva ranganath (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing nsupdate's output

Anybody that's ever used nsupdate knows that it's error management is not very good. I have a wrapper script that when it's got all the information it needs launches the nsupdate command. This is my attempt at parsing the output to help support users quickly know if the command succeded or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
HUH(1)                                                        General Commands Manual                                                       HUH(1)

NAME
huh - redisplay last telegram received. SYNOPSIS
huh [-sk] DESCRIPTION
Huh reprints the last telegram that was sent to you. It is intended for use when telegrams get garbled on your screen. Huh will only work if you had the ``record'' flag turned on when the telegram was received. This flag can be turned on with the mesg(1) command. Normally, huh will delete each message immediately after displaying it. If the -k flag is given, the message is non deleted, and the next huh command will display it again. On the other hand, the -s flag suppresses the display of the message, so it will just be deleted. Normally, only the last message is retained, except when amin(1) is run with the -p flag. AUTHOR
Jan Wolter FILES
~/.lastmesg /etc/wrttmp SEE ALSO
mesg(1), write(1), amin(1) 7th Edition Jan 20, 2000 HUH(1)