Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract if pattern matches
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract if pattern matches Post 302141567 by Raynon on Friday 19th of October 2007 09:28:07 PM
Old 10-19-2007
Hi drl,

I got the following output.
I rename your perl code as "myperl" and input file as "input"
But it seems to have some problem ? Can you give some guidance?

Code:
$ perl myperl input
 ( Lines read: 24 )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count pattern matches

i have an awk statement which i am using to count the number of occurences of the number ,5, in the file: awk '/,5,/ {count++}' TRY.txt | awk 'END { printf(" Total parts: %d",count)}' i know there is a total of 10 matches..what is wrong here? thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value that matches file name pattern

Hi I have files with names that contain the date in several formats as, YYYYMMDD, DD-MM-YY,DD.MM.YY or similar combinations. I know if a file fits in one pattern or other, but i donīt know how to extract the substring contained in the file that matches the pattern. For example, i know that ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjrm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove if the above line matches pattern

but keep if does not I have a file: --> my.out foo: bar foo: moo blarg i am on vacation foo: goose foo: lucy foo: moose foo: stucky groover@monkey.org foo: bozo grimace@gonzo.net dear sir - blargo blargo foo: goon foo: sloppy foo: saudi gimme gimme gimme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns where header matches a given string

Hi, I'm having trouble pulling out columns where the headers match a file of key ID's I'm interested in and was looking for some help. file1.txt I Name 34 56 84 350 790 1215 1919 7606 9420 file2.txt I Name 1 1 2 2 3 3 ... 34 34... 56 56... 84 84... 350 350... M 1 A A A A... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with range but matches pattern

To match range, the command is: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/' but what I want is the range is printed only if there is additional pattern that matches in the range itself? maybe like this: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/ if only in that range there is /pattern/' Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blocks of text in a file - extract when matches...

I sat down yesterday to write this script and have just realised that my methodology is broken........ In essense I have..... ----------------------------------------------------------------- (This line really is in the file) Service ID: 12345 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert tags which matches the pattern

Hi Guys, How to achieve this in awk or sed: Patterns: A.B. No. T-8346 or A.B. No. T-8xxx will look like this: Patterns: A.B. No. T-8346<br> or A.B. No. T-8xxx<br> #cat file.txt JHON VS. PETER, AGOO PET. How Old Are Youthe file will look like this: A.B. No. T-8346<br> January 01,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a 1st line which matches the particular pattern?

Hi all, I have file on which I do grep on "/tmp/data" then I get 5 lines as dir Path: /tmp/data/20162343134 Starting to listen on ports logging: -- Moving results files from local storage: /tmp/resultsFiles/20162343134/*.gz to NFS: /data/temp/20162343134/outgoing from above got to get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girijajoshi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract the whole set if a pattern matches

Hi, I have to extract the whole set if a pattern matches.i have a file called input.txt input.txt ------------ CREATE TABLE ABC ( A, B, C ); CREATE TABLE XYZ ( X, Y, Z, P, Q ); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
6 Replies
acctcon(1M)															       acctcon(1M)

NAME
acctcon, acctcon1, acctcon2 - connect-time accounting SYNOPSIS
[options] [options] DESCRIPTION
The command converts a sequence of login/logoff records read from its standard input to a sequence of records, one per login session. Its input should normally be redirected from or Its output is ASCII, giving device, user ID, login name, prime connect time (seconds), non- prime connect time (seconds), session starting time (numeric), and starting date and time. Prime connect time is defined as the connect time within a specific prime period on a non-holiday weekday (Monday through Friday). The starting and ending time of the prime period and the year's holidays are defined in file expects as input a sequence of login session records, produced by and converts them into total accounting records (see format in acct(4)). combines the functionality of and into one program. It takes the same input format as and writes the same output as recognizes the following options: Print input only, showing line name, login name, and time (in both numeric and date/time formats). maintains a list of lines on which users are logged in. When it reaches the end of its input, it emits a session record for each line that still appears to be active. It normally assumes that its input is a current file, so that it uses the current time as the ending time for each ses- sion still in progress. The flag causes it to use, instead, the last time found in its input, thus ensuring reason- able and repeatable numbers for non-current files. and recognize the following options: file is created to contain a summary of line usage showing line name, number of minutes used, percentage of total elapsed time used, number of sessions charged, number of logins, and number of logoffs. This file helps track line usage, identify bad lines, and find software and hardware oddities. Hang-up, termination of (see login(1)), and termination of the login shell each generate logoff records, so that the number of logoffs is often three to four times the num- ber of sessions. See init(1M) and utmp(4). file is filled with an overall record for the accounting period, giving starting time, ending time, number of reboots, and number of date changes. When this option is used, the records of the type found in are read from the specified input. EXAMPLES
These commands are typically used as shown below. The file is created only for the use of commands described by the acctprc(1M) manual entry: or With option: or Note: The file can be either or a file containing records of the type found in WARNINGS
The line usage report is confused by date changes. Use (see fwtmp(1M)) to correct this situation. FILES
SEE ALSO
login(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), init(1M), utmpd(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), getbwent(3C), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
acctcon(1M)