Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Lost RedHat....Cisco in need! Post 302141539 by porter on Friday 19th of October 2007 02:59:02 PM
Old 10-19-2007
I thought you had to pay for RedHat but Fedora was free.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
DB(3pm) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   DB(3pm)

NAME
Apache::DB - Run the interactive Perl debugger under mod_perl SYNOPSIS
<Location /perl> PerlFixupHandler +Apache::DB SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler +Apache::Registry Options +ExecCGI </Location> DESCRIPTION
Perl ships with a very useful interactive debugger, however, it does not run "out-of-the-box" in the Apache/mod_perl environment. Apache::DB makes a few adjustments so the two will cooperate. FUNCTIONS
init This function initializes the Perl debugger hooks without actually starting the interactive debugger. In order to debug a certain piece of code, this function must be called before the code you wish debug is compiled. For example, if you want to insert debugging symbols into code that is compiled at server startup, but do not care to debug until request time, call this function from a PerlRequire'd file: #where db.pl is simply: # use Apache::DB (); # Apache::DB->init; PerlRequire conf/db.pl #where modules are loaded PerlRequire conf/init.pl If you are using mod_perl 2.0 you will need to use the following as your db.pl: use APR::Pool (); use Apache::DB (); Apache::DB->init(); handler This function will start the interactive debugger. It will invoke Apache::DB::init if needed. Example configuration: <Location /my-handler> PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler My::handler </Location> SELinux Security-enhanced Linux (SELinux) is a mandatory access control system many linux distrobutions are implementing. This new security scheme can assist you with protecting a server, but it doesn't come without its own set of issues. Debugging applications running on a box with SELinux on it takes a couple of extra steps and unfortunately the instructions that follow have only been tested on RedHat/Fedora. 1) You need to edit/create the file "local.te" and add the following: if (httpd_tty_comm) { allow { httpd_t } admin_tty_type:chr_file { ioctl getattr }; } 2) Reload your security policy. 3) Run the command "setsebool httpd_tty_comm true". You should be aware as you debug applications on a system with SELinux your code may very well be correct, but the system policy is denying your actions. CAVEATS
-X The server must be started with the "-X" to use Apache::DB. filename/line info The filename of Apache::Registry scripts is not displayed. SEE ALSO
perldebug(1) AUTHOR
Originally written by Doug MacEachern Currently maintained by Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org> LICENSE
This module is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2008-04-27 DB(3pm)