Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin Post 302141518 by jambesh on Friday 19th of October 2007 11:31:44 AM
Old 10-19-2007
perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin

Hi all,
I am trying to install the DBI module in perl
using perl -MCPAN -e shell
install 'DBI'

--It is installing into the nuild directory properly but when it try to
make it is saying
NOT OK

-I tried to copy the module manually to the /lib/perl5/vendor_perl directory
but when i try to test the module using
perl -e 'use DBI;'
it says some error
BEGIN
--
--
some line number error

Can any body please help me in instaling the DBI -for Oracle in cygwin
i am tryign it desperately

Thanks
Jambeswar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl module DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install Oracle perl module(DBD-Oracle). MY oracle server runs on solaris 8 while the machine am tring to install DBD-Oracle runs Suse linux 9(SLE 9) Oracle client library including sqlplus are NFS mount on my suse linux machine from my solaris oracle server but when I run make on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl-DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm on Suse (SLE 9), like rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm but I keep getting the following error message error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.10.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.el4 libnnz10.so is needed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to set restricted user by rksh? Cannot use Perl module DBD::Oracle

Hi, all, I need to add a user to our system in order to let him use Oracle and Perl. We want him to remain in his home directory and have no access to our data and other users' files. I created a separate group for this user, and set his shell to rksh when I created his account, by which he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

6. Programming

perl dbi to oracle getting disconnect_all for oracle dbi help

hi i am trying to connect to an oracle database using dbi and i get this :: Driver has not implemented the disconnect_all method. at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 575 END failed--call queue aborted. for all i know, the script was working earlier, but has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poggendroff
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl's DBI Module on OS X - uninstallable?

i've been struggling with installing the Perl DBI & DBD modules all weekend, and I'm getting close, but no cigar as of yet. When I run the perl script db.pl I get the following mismatch error: Mon Apr 19 09:43:29 EDT 2010 /Library/Perl/DBD-mysql-4.011 -> peterv@MBP17.local<515>$: db.pl | tee... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterv6
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: help with DBI

Hi there, I have a bit of code similar to below (which ive actually got from perldoc, but mine is similar enough) $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{ SELECT region, sales FROM sales_by_region }); $sth->execute; my ($region, $sales); # Bind Perl variables to columns: $rv =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing DB2 command without using the DBI module

Hi Guys, I wonder if possible to execute a Db2 commands within a perl scripts without installing or invoking the DBI modules. I have a script that is written in kron shell and it looks like : DB=`db2 list db directory | egrep "Database alias|Directory entry type"|awk '{printf $0 ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
0 Replies
DBILOGSTRIP(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   DBILOGSTRIP(1p)

NAME
dbilogstrip - filter to normalize DBI trace logs for diff'ing SYNOPSIS
Read DBI trace file "dbitrace.log" and write out a stripped version to "dbitrace_stripped.log" dbilogstrip dbitrace.log > dbitrace_stripped.log Run "yourscript.pl" twice, each with different sets of arguments, with DBI_TRACE enabled. Filter the output and trace through "dbilogstrip" into a separate file for each run. Then compare using diff. (This example assumes you're using a standard shell.) DBI_TRACE=2 perl yourscript.pl ...args1... 2>&1 | dbilogstrip > dbitrace1.log DBI_TRACE=2 perl yourscript.pl ...args2... 2>&1 | dbilogstrip > dbitrace2.log diff -u dbitrace1.log dbitrace2.log DESCRIPTION
Replaces any hex addresses, e.g, 0x128f72ce with "0xN". Replaces any references to process id or thread id, like "pid#6254" with "pidN". So a DBI trace line like this: -> STORE for DBD::DBM::st (DBI::st=HASH(0x19162a0)~0x191f9c8 'f_params' ARRAY(0x1922018)) thr#1800400 will look like this: -> STORE for DBD::DBM::st (DBI::st=HASH(0xN)~0xN 'f_params' ARRAY(0xN)) thrN perl v5.12.3 2011-05-06 DBILOGSTRIP(1p)