Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting Newbie
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting Newbie Post 302141514 by ghostdog74 on Friday 19th of October 2007 10:52:11 AM
Old 10-19-2007
if you have GNU find

Code:
find /path -printf "File:%f - Owner:%u\n"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie - Need help in bash scripting

Hi there, I am a student and currently working on a project. I have a file that contains about 50 filenames. (1.txt, 2.txt, 3.txt ...). I would like to know how can I store these filenames into a variable using a loop? I would appreciate if anyone can help me. Thank You. Regards, Bib (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbib
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Newbie

I'm relatively new at this scripting game, just need to learn some basic stuff for data handling. My current need is to write a script that loops through a textfile of filenames, and for each file removes the first line and re-writes that file to a new name. In fact I could do with knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattyjim2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting newbie needs help

I have written a script that will email a generic user when a device is "offline". I would like to enhance this by having the script lookup a contact's email and automatically add it to the MAIL_LIST. I am trying to lookup and return data based on a field common in two files File 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irishluck66
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting newbie... some help please?

hi all, i am just getting in to bash scripting, so don't be too harsh... i've created this little backup script, and it's just awfull... ugly, doesn't work like I want it to, the works. anyways, i was hoping some of you might help me improve it and learn a little in the process. what i... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd9qs
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting NEWBIE - Need Help

Could someone please recommend a very good shell scripting book for me. I would be starting a new job that would require a very good understanding of shell scripting. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayoka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting needed for newbie

Hi, I am newbie in shell scripting I have a file name like simple.txt which comes from Mainframe systems onto windows dir every 15 minutes daily. File name is same. Every 15 minutes it updates. I need to write shell script to check if the file arrived every 15 min or not. If the new file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Newbie

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script to run multiple jobs in sequence. Explaination - If I were to run each jobs individually I would have gone to folder - "abin"(where my shellscript is place) as follows cd abin abin > runappeng.sh abc001 Now, I have list of programs which are like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaits84
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed newbie scripting assistance

Howdy folks, I'm trying to craft a log file summarisation tool for an application that creates a lot of duplicate entries with only a different suffix to indicate point of execution. I thought I'd gotten close but I'm clearly missing something. Here's a genericized version: A text_file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mthespian
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting - Newbie

Hi all, I have drill to do and I'll very appreciate your help: Please create a simple CSV file as follow (3 columns and 4 rows): A,B,C A,”B,C”,D “A,B”,C,D o A,B,”C,D” - Please refer to the comma between the quotation marks as a parameter and not as a separator. - Please provide... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elior
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with some bash scripting

Please bear with me, I'm a beginner but have had some experience and decent knowledge to understand things as I read them and I'm in the process of trying to learn more. I recently inherited a UNIX server which has a bash script which is part of a crontab schedule that needs to be modified (or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danylko
3 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)