Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: untar
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users untar Post 302141421 by prakash96453 on Friday 19th of October 2007 01:59:33 AM
Old 10-19-2007
Thanks for your kind information. I will try to find out the problem solution.

Thanks

Ramprakash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untar to different location

Hi, I'm facing problem of untar'ing the tar contents with absolute pathnames to a different directory. Please provide me some hint on how to resolve it. Regards, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent....untar!!!

HI UNIX GURUS... I am facing the a similar problem which malaymaru has posted earlier raegarding untaring a file in some other specified directory.But the solution by UNIX DAEMON "Perderabo" seems little difficult to understand.(USING #pax -r -s '=^/opt/abc=/tmp=' < tarfile) So plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar to a specified file

I have file1.tar and want to untar it under /server/file2. If I do tar -xvf file1.tar, the files will be deployed under file1. How to specify the destination folder?? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Untar problems

Hi, I am new to unix scripting. I have written a java program which will initialize a sftp connection and copy a unix script from my machine to a remote server. Then i initalized an ssh connection and i executed the script. This script contains a sequnece of commands and one of them is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar remotely

I need to upload tar or zip files to a unix server than unzip or untar them remotely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do the remote untar or unzip? For example does someone know of a cgi script or something? Thanks -jz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
3 Replies

6. AIX

untar

Hi, How can i untar a set of files in to different directory. This is content tar -tvf samba.tar drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Nov 28 18:35:41 2008 samba/ -rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/b.txt -rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/c.txt -rw-r--r-- 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allwin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp, chown, untar

hello i want shell script. i have a source.txt /home/user409/public_html/test/ /home/user09876/public_html/xdsss/ /home/user9765/public_html/320xxx/ . . . maybe 1000 lines i want . 1.read a source.txt 2.untar special.tar.gz into these directory in source.txt 3.i want to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to untar file

Hello Experts, I have requirement in which a file is present in the folder_test. In that folder there is file called Test.tar.gz.20111102. Now my requirement is i have to rename this file to someother format and untar it.... folder_test Test.tar.gz.20111102 I am using the below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to Untar

Hello, bash-2.05# tar -xvf sunos.tar tar: directory checksum error bash-2.05# file sunos.tar sunos.tar: data bash-2.05# Can someone please help me untar this. This is a Solaris 9 box. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies
mccs(1) 						       Debian User's Manual							   mccs(1)

NAME
mccs - package dependency solver SYNOPSIS
mccs [options] DESCRIPTION
mccs (which stands for Multi Criteria CUDF Solver) is a solver for package dependency problems expressed in the CUDF format. By default, mccs reads a problem specification from standard input, and writes the solution to standard output. OPTIONS FOR CONTROLLING INPUT
/OUTPUT -i file Read input from file file instead of standard input. -o file Write the solution to file instead of standard output. -fo full solution output -v n set verbosity level to n. -h print this help OPTIONS FOR SELECTING THE SOLVER ENGINE
By default, mccs uses the cbc solving engine. -lpsolve use lpsolve solver -lp lpsolver specify a solving engine that takes the cplex input format. lpsolver is the path of a script that takes as input the file name con- taining the cplex input, and that produces the solution on standard output (an example for scip is given in /usr/share/doc/mccs/engines/sciplp). -pblib pbsolver use pseudo-Boolean solver pbsolver as solving engine. -nosolve do not solve the problem (for debugging) OPTIONS FOR CONTROLLING CONSTRAINT GENERATION
-noreduce do not reduce the initial problem -only-agregate-constraints generate only agregate constraints -only-desagregate-constraints generate only deagregate constraints (default) -all-constraints generate all kind of constraints (ensure redundancy) OPTIONS FOR CONTROLLING OPTIMIZATION
See the file /usr/share/doc/mccs/README.optimization-criteria for a full grammar of optimization criteria. EXAMPLES
An example input file can be found at /usr/share/doc/mccs/examples/legacy.cudf. mccs -i legacy.cudf calls mccs on examples/legacy.cudf and prints the solution on stdout. With such a call mccs will resort to the default underlying solver cbc and use a default criterion to solve the problem. mccs -i legacy.cudf -o sol -lexagregate[-removed,-changed] -lpsolve Here, mccs puts the solution into the file "sol" and solves the problem using the lpsolve solver with the paranoid criterion, which con- sists of first minimizing the number of removed packaged, and then the number of packages that change installation status or installed ver- sion. mccs -i legacy.cudf -o sol -lexsemiagregate[-removed,-notuptodate, -nunsat[recommends:,true],-new] The criterion used here is the trendy criterion, which consists of first minimizing the number of package removals, then to minimize the number of installed packages that are installed in a version older the most recent available version, then to minimize the number of recom- mendations of installed packages that are not satisfied, and finally the number of newly installed packages. AUTHOR
mccs has been written by Claude Michel <cpjm@polytech.unice.fr>. The development of mccs has been partly supported by the European research project Mancoosi. 9 May 2011 mccs(1)