Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple conditionals in a while loop Post 302141418 by Ygor on Friday 19th of October 2007 12:59:22 AM
Old 10-19-2007
Using "break" violates good programming standards because it breaks the "single-entry single-exit" rule for control structures.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ideas for perl script - strings,conditionals..etc

I have a matrix , how do I compare all the elements of a column , lets say I want to check if the columns contain the alphabets "S","H","A","R","A","T". and not "X"s. Lets say matrix looks something like this .. SSSXSH HHXXHA AAXXAT RRRXRS AAXTAR TTTTTA I can hard code it where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharatz83
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Conditionals

Yet another question. I want to make something like this: if ||&& then ... fi but that apparently is not right. I want either the first condition to be true OR the second AND third conditions to be true for the "then" to be processed. How can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays with conditionals

Pardon the pseudo code below, but I'm wondering how I would do something along the lines of this... #!/bin/sh excludeList="A B" theItem="C" if then echo $theItem fi I know I could loop through the array and check against each value, but was wondering if there was an alternate way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myndcraft
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log successful unix conditionals

Dears, Can anyone advise how to log successful conditionals (unix commands) from any ksh script? For example, the code is as follows: if <command> then Block1 of statements else Block2 of statements fi What needed exactly is to log "Block1 of statements" if its conditon is met.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kadi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql help : query with 2 conditionals

Hi there, I have a table that stores multiple records for many different servers, each of which is timestamped ... I wanted to write a query that would enable me to only output the "latest" record (based on timestamp) for each "unique" server. So for example my main table looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script no conditionals

Hello, pro scripters, noob here, I am complete noob in this and I have to write a program which: Calculates the modulus of two numbers which the user enters with keyboard. Number interval 1-9. These two numbers that were entered and modulus which was calculated are stored in a separate file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IrmantasID
1 Replies

8. Programming

Gnu make: default values and conditionals

I need some help. I use variables and conditionals to build with or without specic libraries. I set USEAL ?= 1 # get value from cmd, defaults to 1 (see comment) the conditional is: ifeq ($(USEAL),1) LIBS = <any libs> else LIBS = endif Its amazing that this works when invoked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodona
4 Replies
GENBRK(1)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual							 GENBRK(1)

NAME
genbrk - Compiles ICU break iteration rules source files into binary data files SYNOPSIS
genbrk [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -V, --version ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] [ -i, --icudatadir direc- tory ] -r, --rules rule-file -o, --out output-file DESCRIPTION
genbrk reads the break (boundary) rule source code from rule-file and creates a break iteration data file. Normally this data file has the .brk extension. The details of the rule syntax can be found in ICU's User Guide. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -V, --version Print the version of genbrk and exit. -c, --copyright Embeds the standard ICU copyright into the output-file. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory of the output-file to destination. -i, --icudatadir directory Look for any necessary ICU data files in directory. For example, the file pnames.icu must be located when ICU's data is not built as a shared library. The default ICU data directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. Most configurations of ICU do not require this argument. -r, --rules rule-file The source file to read. -o, --out output-file The output data file to write. CAVEATS
When the rule-file contains a byte order mark (BOM) at the beginning of the file, which is the Unicode character U+FEFF, then the rule-file is interpreted as Unicode. Without the BOM, the file is interpreted in the current operating system default codepage. In order to elimi- nate any ambiguity of the encoding for how the rule-file was written, it is recommended that you write this file in UTF-8 with the BOM. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. AUTHORS
George Rhoten Andy Heninger VERSION
1.0 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 International Business Machines Corporation and others SEE ALSO
http://www.icu-project.org/userguide/boundaryAnalysis.html ICU MANPAGE
2 December 2005 GENBRK(1)