Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Regarding "How to make a script as a command? Post 302141376 by mthiruna on Thursday 18th of October 2007 08:40:09 PM
Old 10-18-2007
Bug Regarding "How to make a script as a command?

Hi unix_guru(s),

How to make a shell script into a normal unix command?.

I'm always using shell to run a script(like $ksh demo.ksh).

I don't want to use this ksh at all time.

The script sholud run if i am typing as "demo" instead of typing "ksh demo.ksh"

Please, give me that trick.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"./cofigure" and "make" turmoil

I am a Unix newbie and I downloaded some X11 programs. I have gcc, but I cannot compile the files. I NEED HELP!!!! :confused: (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
16 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: Recording shell script screen output using "script" command ?

Hello, I need to capture everything showed on a screen by a shell script which needs user interaction. The shell script performs commads such as rsh so normal redirection to a file does not work. I know there is a special unix command call "script" which records screen session but the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalfonso.gomez
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script run for a maximum of "x" number of hours only

How to make a script run for a maximum of "x" number of hours only (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScriptDummy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "make" command in Linux

Hi all, I downloaded an external program and extracted all the files to a folder. they have a make file which I have to run. But when I run make file I get an error g++ -O2 -c pgm.cpp make: g++: Command not found make: *** Error 127 When I checked the list of GCC I get this binf-01... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping the "script" command through the logger command.

I use the snippet below in /etc/profile on RHEL Linux to capture command line logging and it all works well and good. Now I'd like to pipe the same output from script through the logger command so it all gets logged to syslog. The only additional code I've added is in bold below (|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)