Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Im New To This Forum........
Operating Systems Solaris Im New To This Forum........ Post 302141355 by kprescod4158 on Thursday 18th of October 2007 07:30:39 PM
Old 10-18-2007
two things i would like to get a hold of the software because i went to the UPS DB2 system today for a tour and i saw that they use sun microsystem computer and was told that they are very good OS so ill like to know about it......Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Forum

well after a long time, this valuable resource that is UNIX.COM has an off topic forum. personally i think it is a step in the right direction. with a forum like this people can talk about anything they want and not worry about sticking to technical stuff. this keep the integrity of the board high,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

The forum

Just quickly, would like one of the more senior users to describe what UNIX.COM is to the world. I'm doing a webpage with a link and need a good description. Better you provide it than me guessing. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

This forum is best

For any unix/linux user/newbie.. this site is best.. it has evry thing for every one !! even if u login daily to this forum.... obesrb the posts and solutions .. u will learn better :) thankss to every one ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)