Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic Drop down boxes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic Drop down boxes Post 302141277 by cbkihong on Thursday 18th of October 2007 11:54:58 AM
Old 10-18-2007
Assuming you really know HTML (can hand-code it) and you know what CGI is (please read the CGI specification otherwise although rather dated) as you previously mentioned, then you should learn Javascript and DOM, and probably Perl too if you are not too familiar with it.

It's difficult to give you any specific pointers as I do not know how much you know about all of these things. However, as you do not understand how the script works, then I really doubt whether you have production knowledge in HTML and CGI, as this is a really simple example.

You can do a directory or Google search on these keywords and you ought to find a lot of resources. You may probably wish to buy some books on these subjects but I have no recommendations at this point.

I would suggest you to ensure you have working knowledge of the client tier first, i.e. HTML and Javascript/DOM. Then you can proceed further to understand how to generate them on the server side, and investigate how CGI allows you to capture form parameters on the server-side, and send back the response.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drop Users

I know that this is a really simple and stupid question, but how do I drop / disconnect a user who is logged in? AIX 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trfrye
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read and drop files

I have hundreds of small files in csv format. I want to read them one at a time, insert the data into a table and then delete it. data1 to data999.txt files needs to be read and data to be added to a table. mysql -e"LOAD DATA INFILE 'data1.txt' INTO TABLE my_table;" if echo $? = 0 then rm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed but want to drop last line

Howdy all. I have some scripts that read a text file looking for a keyword, then returning all the text until another keyword and puts it into a new file. Problem is, sed returns the entire last line that contains the 2nd keyword, and I don't want it! Here's an example of the sed script line: ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: atc98092
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

drop down structure in file

I have file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, d40 113, begum, d40 I want to group this file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, 113, begum, can any one help me on this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop down menu

How to create a drop down menu in either bash or ksh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Dynamic Drop Down Menu

I need to create a dynamic drop down menu which is populated by entries such as; htdocs/client1/index.php htdocs/client2/index.php htdocs/client3/index.php htdocs/client4/index.php etc. So htdocs/client*/index.php Is this possible? I know how to do this using normal arrays, but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Drop out

My boss use a MacBook and he encounter with DNS drop out and he cannot surf website for 1-2 mins. The DNS Service of my company is on UNIX server. I try to delete some unused IP of DNS Server in resolv.conf and dhcp.conf and I try to update root.hint file but The problem is not fixed. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
5 Replies
XmDropSiteRegister(3X)													    XmDropSiteRegister(3X)

NAME
XmDropSiteRegister - A Drag and Drop function that identifies a drop site and assigns resources that specify its behavior SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragDrop.h> void XmDropSiteRegister (widget, arglist, argcount) Widget widget; ArgList arglist; Cardinal argcount; DESCRIPTION
XmDropSiteRegister identifies the specified widget or gadget as a drop site and sets resource values that define the drop site's behavior. The routine assigns default values to any resources that are not specified in the argument list. The toolkit generates a warning message if a drop site is registered with XmNdropSiteActivity set to XmDROP_SITE_ACTIVE and the XmNdropProc resource is NULL. If the drop site is a descendant of a widget that is registered as a drop site, the XmNdropSiteType resource of the ancestor drop site must be specified as XmDROP_SITE_COMPOSITE. The ancestor must be registered before the descendant. The drop site is stacked above all other sibling drop sites already registered. Specifies the ID of the widget to be registered. Specifies the argument list. Specifies the num- ber of attribute/value pairs in the argument list (arglist). For a complete definition of DropSite and its associated resources, see XmDropSite(3X). SEE ALSO
XmDisplay(3X), XmDropSite(3X), XmDropSiteEndUpdate(3X), XmDropSiteStartUpdate(3X), XmDropSiteUpdate(3X), XmDropSiteUnregister(3X), XmScreen(3X) XmDropSiteRegister(3X)