Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help!!!!!! in creating csv report Post 302141264 by xander on Thursday 18th of October 2007 10:24:05 AM
Old 10-18-2007
Dear All

I have achieved some success to this problem. what I did is

HTML Code:
 less xyz_report.txt | sed -e 's/^comments/&\n"vcidone/' -e 's/^description/"\n&/' > output_getting.csv
when I open the output_getting.csv file I am getting the all the rows in proper cells but horizontally .Please find the attached snapshot

But now the main concern is i have to remove the 7 fields heading
=================================================
1.contact_date
2.user_id
3.display_name
4.comments
5.description
6.account_no
7.email
====================================================
and also arrange the lines vertically so that they look like the second image file attached

Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help
Thanks
help!!!!!! in creating csv report-output_gettingjpg
help!!!!!! in creating csv report-report_requiredjpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a csv file in awk

Hi All I am trying to create a csv file in the korn shell and the script segment is as follows: if then # NEED TO ADD INFO TO THE EMAIL FILE ABOUT THE DRIVE THAT'S FILLING UP echo "$drive $percent% $space "|\ awk '{printf("%d/t"|"%d/t"|"%d/t\n",... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating multiple worksheets in CSV file

Hello, I've been tasked with sending 3 types of data (file size, row count, and file name) to a csv file every month for various vendors. I have been asked to put this in one csv or xls file with each vendor being a different tab (or worksheet). Until now, we have been finding and emailing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating CSV Files

I have a requiremnt to create one CSV file with initial 5 lines as blank rows. From 5th row onwards the file is to be created from a list of varibales which gets evaluated. Say A,B,C,D,E are 5 varibales with some value associated with each of them and data type is string. So the 6th row should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a CSV file for past 7 days

I have a requirement which will select the files with a specific naming convention which got created in past 7 days in a specific directory.Lets say the directory is /data/XYZ and the file names follow the below nomenclature like Daily_File*.txt I just need to create one CSV file which will... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating CSV files

hi, Need a lil help experts. i have a sh file and its calling one SQL file. i need the dataset returned by that SQL file in a CSV format. Can you plz help me out at the earliest. waiting eagerly .. :confused: Thanks.. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a report from csv file.

Hi Gurus, I need your help in transforming the CSV file into some what a report format. My source file looks like below Date,ProdID,TimeID,LevelID 2010-08-31,200,M,1 2010-08-31,201,Q,2 2010-08-31,202,Y,1 2010-08-31,203,M,5 Output required is ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a csv file from this 1 liner?

I'm trying to create a csv file by running awk and sed on a number of xml files in a directory; I'm using this below: hostname; grep "BuildDate" /dir/ABCD/configuration/*/*.xml | awk -F"/" '{ print $5 }' > /tmp/tempfile.txt; grep "BuildDate" /dir/ABCD/configuration/*/*.xml | awk -F\" '{ print $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in creating CSV file

Hi guys, I am not experienced with Unix, so please dont mind if the question seem to be irrelevant. I have written a simple script, that connects DB & fetches few records from a table. I wanted to get those details as file in .CSV format via mail. -I stored the query o/p in a file. -I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitburnwal88
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for creating the report

Hi, I have a file that contains below information: provider APESD APESD Annual Turn $67000 Provider XXXX Annual Turn $92000 Provider FERHG FERHG Annual Turn $56700 Provider ABXX Annual Turn $99000 These are just sample rows out of some 5000. I want to create a tabular report as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
5 Replies
apport-bug(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-bug(1)

NAME
apport-bug, apport-collect - file a bug report using Apport, or update an existing report SYNOPSIS
apport-bug apport-bug symptom | pid | package | program path | .apport/.crash file apport-collect report-number DESCRIPTION
apport-bug reports problems to your distribution's bug tracking system, using Apport to collect a lot of local information about your sys- tem to help the developers to fix the problem and avoid unnecessary question/answer turnarounds. You should always start with running apport-bug without arguments, which will present a list of known symptoms. This will generate the most useful bug reports. If there is no matching symptom, you need to determine the affected program or package yourself. You can provide a package name or program name to apport-bug, e. g.: apport-bug firefox apport-bug /usr/bin/unzip In order to add more information to the bug report that could help the developers to fix the problem, you can also specify a process ID instead: $ pidof gnome-terminal 5139 $ apport-bug 5139 As a special case, to report a bug against the Linux kernel, you do not need to use the full package name (such as linux- image-2.6.28-4-generic); you can just use apport-bug linux to report a bug against the currently running kernel. Finally, you can use this program to report a previously stored crash or bug report: apport-bug /var/crash/_bin_bash.1000.crash apport-bug /tmp/apport.firefox.332G9t.apport Bug reports can be written to a file by using the --save option or by using apport-cli. apport-bug detects whether KDE or Gnome is running and calls apport-gtk or apport-kde accordingly. If neither is available, or the session does not run under X11, it calls apport-cli for a command-line client. UPDATING EXISTING REPORTS
apport-collect collects the same information as apport-bug, but adds it to an already reported problem you have submitted. This is useful if the report was not originally filed through Apport, and the developers ask you to attach information from your system. OPTIONS
Please see the apport-cli(1) manpage for possible options. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily on the command line when calling apport-bug. SEE ALSO
apport-cli(1) AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt September 08, 2009 apport-bug(1)