Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: handling a coredump on HP?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers handling a coredump on HP? Post 302141244 by brdholman on Thursday 18th of October 2007 08:36:53 AM
Old 10-18-2007
This comes from another group, so I'll have to ask about that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

coredump

i create one executed file (based on c language). when 1 try to executed the file, the result show me the bus error (coredump). can you help me to solve this problem. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lala
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Set Up Coredump's

I am trying to set up coredumps on a server, I have enabled the coreadm, and have also set a path to whre the coredumps will go. I now need to set the ulimit , as this is set to 0. I made the change: ulimit -c 8192 but when I logged out and back in, it was set back to 0 again. I need to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzyvn6
1 Replies

3. Programming

Strncpy - coredump

haiu all what makes strncpy to coredump (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
0 Replies

4. Solaris

metainit gives coredump

SunOS unknown 5.9 Generic_118558-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 I'm trying to set up mirroring and am running into a problem: As you can see, I set up the metadb, but am getting a coredump when running metainit. I saw this through google, but don't know the validity of it. Any ideas? #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

coredump after every reboot

Every time I reboot our solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R) box, I get the messages below: # dmesg | grep dump Mar 24 12:39:55 hostname savecore: initial dump header corrupt Mar 24 12:39:55 hostname genunix: dump on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 size 700 MB Mar 24... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to read coredump on RHEL

Hi All, I just wondering how can we read core files (core.****). I have an appication, when it is trying to crash I got the coredump. since it is in binary format, I dont know how to read that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need help on Bus error(coredump)

Hi all, I am quite weak in C but I need to get some work done. Hope someone can help me out. I keep getting this error when i try to run my C application in my HP-UX 10.20 machine. Some code snippet: Month(DBTime) =====This is a function which will return variable "CutOffTime" to be use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vision©
5 Replies

8. AIX

coredump: xsnaadmin

Hello! I do have an IBM pSeries 7043 server running AIX 5.2.0.0. Well, I do have trouble to run xsnaadmin tool remotely, I mean, the xsnaadmin tool can't run on exported X display. What I'm doing is aixserver>export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0 aixserver>xsnaadmin Segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jssanche
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc throwing coredump

Hi Gurus, I tried bc 1000 % 10 on tcsh and ksh and its throwing a core dump on a sun solaris machine. uname -a SunOS azote 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks, Kinny (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
8 Replies

10. HP-UX

Coredump HP-UX 11.23 and 11.31

Hi, I'm looking for the help on how to implement coredump using the tools that comes with HP-UX 11.23 and HP-UX 11.31. To also avoid the the dump files fill-up the root disk when dump occurs. I'm new to this and would need step by step please. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-sysctl.service					 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-sysctl.service, systemd-sysctl - Configure kernel parameters at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl [OPTIONS...] [CONFIGFILE...] systemd-sysctl.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysctl.service is an early boot service that configures sysctl(8) kernel parameters by invoking /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl. When invoked with no arguments, /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl applies all directives from configuration files listed in sysctl.d(5). If one or more filenames are passed on the command line, only the directives in these files are applied. In addition, --prefix= option may be used to limit which sysctl settings are applied. See sysctl.d(5) for information about the configuration of sysctl settings. After sysctl configuration is changed on disk, it must be written to the files in /proc/sys before it takes effect. It is possible to update specific settings, or simply to reload all configuration, see Examples below. OPTIONS
--prefix= Only apply rules with the specified prefix. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXAMPLES
Example 1. Reset all sysctl settings systemctl restart systemd-sysctl Example 2. View coredump handler configuration # sysctl kernel.core_pattern kernel.core_pattern = |/libexec/abrt-hook-ccpp %s %c %p %u %g %t %P %I Example 3. Update coredump handler configuration # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl --prefix kernel.core_pattern This searches all the directories listed in sysctl.d(5) for configuration files and writes /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern. Example 4. Update coredump handler configuration according to a specific file # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl 50-coredump.conf This applies all the settings found in 50-coredump.conf. Either /etc/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /run/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf will be used, in the order of preference. See sysctl(8) for various ways to directly apply sysctl settings. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sysctl.d(5), sysctl(8), systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)