Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to know inteface name in ULTRA 20 Post 302141229 by subhankar on Thursday 18th of October 2007 06:49:16 AM
Old 10-18-2007
Question how to know inteface name in ULTRA 20

hi friends,

I have brand new Sun Ultra 20 WS installed.
It was preinstalled with Solaris 10 6/06 system,

in ifconfig -a command only loop back intervace is showing.
and
/etc/path_to_install also not able to find the interface name.

my questions are:

1. Is there any command to get only interface name.
2. Do i have to install driver for my NIC if so how.

I also nead the URL path of the driver to download.

Please help me ASAP.......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ultra 5

Can anyone tell me if the Sun Ultra 5 w/ 270 cpu is 32 or 64 bit? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

configuring more than one ip for an inteface pemanently (linux)

Hi does anybody know how we can add more than one ip for NIC(in Redhat Linux 7.2)? i usually do it by using this command ifconfig eth0 add <ip addresss> netmask <..............> up or ; ip address add 192.168.20.1/24 dev eth0 or adding it manually to file in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ultra 10/30

Hi, I am planning to purchase a sun ultra 10 or 30, i was wondering what is the difference between them. I tried looking up for sun documentation and cannot find any info. Please help me. Thanks Soul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souldier
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Ultra 30/60

Not necessarily a Solaris question, but thought this the best place for it. My main Linux/OpenBSD workstation (really old athlon) is on its way out, and I am considering getting an Ultra 30 or 60 to replace it with. If I go with a dual proc 60 I'll get SMP support on Linux. Most systems I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DraconianTimes
1 Replies

5. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Ultra-60 upgrade

Hi, I would like to upgrade the memory to 8GB and two more cpu's is it possbile to upgrade? Currently I have... # uname -a SunOS bdsn4003 5.8 Generic_117350-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 # prtconf System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Memory size: 2048 Megabytes System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeelans
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Ultra 4

Has anyone successfully tried installing Solaris 10 on an Ultra 4?? The machine in question has a 300MHz SPARCIIi CPU and 1 GB of RAM which - according to the SUN doco should be enough. However when I try and install it just hangs on the "configuring Devices" message. I left it overnight to see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to find the active network inteface on etherchannel

I have a server with multiple network interfaces. 2 of these interfaces, lets say en2 and en6 make up an etherchannel interface, which let's say en8. when I run the command lsattr -El ent8 I can see the designated primary and backup interfaces as ent6 and ent2, in the given order. But... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Ultra 10

I have Sun Ultra 5/10 UltraSPARC-IIi 440 Mhz ) OpenBoot 3.19 with 1024 MB and IDE disk I have the following error shown in the attached photos and video kindly advise (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6 on Ultra 80

Hi, as being discussed in this Thread some time ago, I need the "Solaris Operating Environment Installation CD" to be able to install Solaris releases before 7 on my lovely U80. Part number is 704-7076-10. Does anyone still have this hanging around? Regards, Oli ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreissig
5 Replies
UDAV(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UDAV(4)

NAME
udav -- Davicom DM9601 USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ehci device uhci device ohci device usb device miibus device udav Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_udav_load="YES" HARDWARE
The udav driver supports the following adapters: o Corega FEther USB-TXC o ShanTou ST268 USB NIC DESCRIPTION
The udav driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Davicom DM9601 chipset. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) Davicom DM9601 data sheet, http://www.davicom.com.tw/big5/download/Data%20Sheet/DM9601-DS-P01-930914.pdf. HISTORY
The udav device driver first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. AUTHORS
The udav driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD