Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory Fault - Core Dumped
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Memory Fault - Core Dumped Post 302141065 by bayuz on Wednesday 17th of October 2007 02:21:41 PM
Old 10-17-2007
Memory Fault - Core Dumped

I use SCO UNIX 5.07 on a Compaq Proliant Machine. Each time I press the Escape or Delete key while running a program or issuing a FoxBase+ command from the dot prompt, I receive the error message: "Memory Fault - Core Dumped" and the screen locks up immediately.

I would appreciate if necessary solution could be kindly provided, please.

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello To All! Now anfd then I receive a message on my console: Segmentation fault (core dumped) What does it mean? Or more precisely what are the implications? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. Programming

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

what r the situations to receive an error msg like the one below Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. Programming

Memory Fault,Core dumped

I have written a code in UNIX which is complied by using g++. Compling with turbo C didnt yield any errors, but with g++ I am getting Memory fault, core dumped. Could anyone help me out with this? Given below is the code: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include<stdlib.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

i am getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) on solaris, but when i run the same program with same input on linux it runs successfully. How can i trace the fault in program on solaris. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentaion Fault - Core dumped during cpio

The same cpio script has been working for years without modifications, until the last couple of nights when we get the error Segmentation Fault - core dumped and the cpio aborts. It appears to abort in relatively the same place every time and on multiple tapes. Do I have a bad tape drive,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
8 Replies

6. Solaris

segmentation fault core dumped

i am getting segmentation fault (core dumped) i tried following things but couldn't understand what is wrong with my prog and where the problem is.... i have only adb debugger available on solaris.... so plz help bash-3.00$ pstack core core 'core' of 765: ./mod_generalised_tapinread... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi All, I am getting "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" error in the runtime. I am new this please can you tell me why is that i am getting this error and I am not sure of my compilation : gcc -c avc_test.c gcc -c md5.c gcc avc_test.o md5.o -shared -Llibcoreavc_sdk.so -o proj ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fido.genial
1 Replies

8. Programming

Memory Fault (core dumped) in ttpy program

I´m writing this program in QNX , I`m kinda new to UNIX and programing in general, and when I try to run it it gives me the Memory Fault error. Can anyone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <fcntl.h> void main(void) {int a,ter; char buf; printf("a="); scanf("%d",a); ter=open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiganteAsesino
6 Replies

9. Programming

C: Memory Fault (core dumped)

When I run programm show this message: Memory Fault (core dumped) Does anyone can help me and tell me what is wrong? please #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <process.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebasse2
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tilda Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a Segmentation fault when I try to run tilda? $ tilda Segmentation fault (core dumped) It seemed to run after I deleted my tilda directory like this thread said to do. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me set my keybinding with anything I tried. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
clu_get_info(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   clu_get_info(8)

NAME
clu_get_info - Gets information about a cluster and its members SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/clu_get_info [-full] [-q] [-m memberid] [-raw] [-state] OPTIONS
The -full option returns detailed information about all members in the cluster, or about one member if the -m memberid option is specified. Suppresses output. Use this option when only the return value is of interest; for example, to determine whether the system is running as a cluster member. When specified in combination with the -m option, the -q option can be used to determine whether a particular member of a cluster is up or down. For example: # clu_get_info -q -m 2 && echo "Member 2 is a member of the cluster" Member 2 is a member of the clus- ter The -m option returns information about the member specified by memberid. The -raw option returns detailed information about the clus- ter and all members in the cluster in raw output, which is intended to be used as input to scripts. The -state option returns the state of all members in the cluster in raw output. The states returned are: UP, DOWN, or NOT_CONF (not configured). DESCRIPTION
When invoked on a member of a cluster, the clu_get_info command displays general information about the cluster and its members. The infor- mation includes: The name of the cluster and the number of members configured in the cluster. The member ID of the member issuing the com- mand. The device name and number of votes of the quorum disk, if configured. For each member, its member ID, host name, cluster intercon- nect IP name, and current state (UP or DOWN). When invoked on a system that is not a cluster member, the clu_get_info command prints an error message and exits. The clu_get_info -full option displays additional information about the cluster. The information includes: Cluster incarnation -- A hexa- decimal number used to uniquely identify the cluster. Cluster expected votes -- Number of votes expected when all configured cluster mem- bers are up and any configured quorum disk is present. Current votes -- The number of votes contributed by current cluster members and the quorum disk as seen by this member. Quorum votes -- The number of votes required for the cluster to be up and running. The clu_get_info -full command also displays the following information for each member: Cluster interconnect IP address -- The IP address of the cluster interconnect. Member base O/S version -- The version of the base operating system. Member cluster version -- The version of the TruCluster Server software. Member running version -- The current running version of the TruCluster software, which returns one of the following: INSTALLED -- the current running version; same as the member cluster version returned. BELOW INSTALLED -- one version below the current running version returned in member cluster version; useful when performing a rolling upgrade. UNKNOWN -- the running version is unknown. Member name -- The member name used by the connection manager (CNX) as a member identifier. Node votes -- The votes assigned to this member (as set in the cluster_node_votes kernel attribute for the clubase subsystem). csid -- The cluster system identifier, which is a unique hexadecimal number that identifies each member in a cluster. The clu_get_info -raw option displays detailed information, in raw output, about all members in the cluster. This output is intended to be used as input to scripts. Data is unlabeled, and data fields are separated by colons. The fields returned are the same as if specifying the -full option only data is in raw format. The clu_get_info -raw option returns a clusterwide information record and member-specific information records. A clusterwide information record begins with the initiator C and returns data in the following order: Cluster name Number of members configured in this cluster Mem- ber ID for this member Cluster incarnation Cluster expected votes Current votes Votes required for quorum Quorum disk Quorum disk votes A member-specific information record begins with the initiator M and returns data in the following order: Member ID Host name Cluster interconnect IP name Cluster interconnect IP address Member state Member base O/S version Member cluster version Member running version Member name Member votes Csid The clu_get_info -state option displays the state of all members in the cluster. Output is intended to be used by a script to determine which cluster members are up, down, or not configured. Data is unlabeled, and data fields are separated by colons. A state information record begins with the initiator S and returns the following output based on the configuration state of all members in the cluster: UP -- The member ID is configured and up. DOWN -- The member ID is configured and down. NOT_CONF -- The member ID is not configured in the cluster. If a member of the cluster is down, clu_get_info displays UNKNOWN in various member fields. If the member is down and its /etc/rc.config file contains illegal values, clu_get_info displays CONFIGURATION_ERROR in the related fields. An example is provided in the EXAMPLES sec- tion. EXIT STATUS
Success. The system is not a cluster member or an error has occurred. EXAMPLES
The following command displays general information about the cluster and its members: # clu_get_info Cluster information for cluster deli Number of members configured in this cluster = 3 Memberid for this member = 1 Quorum disk = dsk4h Quorum disk votes = 1 Information on each cluster member Cluster memberid = 1 Hostname = polishham.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = polishham-mc0 Member state = UP Cluster memberid = 2 Hostname = provolone.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = provolone-mc0 Member state = UP Cluster memberid = 3 Hostname = pepicelli.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = pepicelli-mc0 Member state = UP If one member of the cluster is down and its rc.config file contains illegal values, the following is displayed: Cluster memberid = 2 Hostname = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Cluster interconnect IP name = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Member state = DOWN The following command displays general information about one member: # clu_get_info -m 1 Cluster memberid = 1 Hostname = polishham.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = polishham-mc0 Member state = UP The following command displays more information about all members in the cluster: # clu_get_info -full Cluster information for cluster deli Number of members configured in this cluster = 3 Memberid for this member = 1 Cluster incarnation = 0x7b5c2 Cluster expected votes = 3 Current votes = 3 Votes required for quorum = 2 Quorum disk = dsk4h Quorum disk votes = 1 Information on each cluster member Cluster memberid = 1 Hostname = polishham.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = polishham-mc0 Cluster interconnect IP address = 10.0.0.1 Member state = UP Member base O/S version = Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A Member cluster version = TruCluster Server V5.0A Member running version = INSTALLED Member name: polishham Member votes = 1 csid = 0x10001 Cluster memberid = 2 Hostname = provolone.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = provolone-mc0 Cluster interconnect IP address = 10.0.0.2 Member state = UP Member base O/S version = Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A Member cluster version = TruCluster Server V5.0A Member running version = INSTALLED Member name: provolone Member votes: 1 csid = 0x10002 Cluster memberid = 3 Hostname = pepicelli.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = pepicelli-mc0 Cluster interconnect IP address = 10.0.0.3 Member state = UP Member base O/S version = Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A Member cluster version = TruCluster Server V5.0A Member running version = INSTALLED Member name: pepicelli Member votes: 1 csid = 0x10003 If one member of the cluster is down and its rc.config file contains illegal values, the following is displayed: Cluster memberid = 2 Hostname = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Cluster interconnect IP name = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Cluster interconnect IP address = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Member state = DOWN Member base O/S version = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Member cluster version = CONFIGURATION_ERROR Member running version = UNKNOWN Member name = UNKNOWN Member votes = UNKNOWN csid = UNKNOWN The following command displays more information about a particular member of the cluster: # clu_get_info -full -m 1 Cluster memberid = 1 Hostname = polishham.zk4.com Cluster interconnect IP name = polishham-mc0 Cluster interconnect IP address = 10.0.0.1 Member state = UP Member base O/S version = Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A Member cluster version = TruCluster Server V5.0A Member running version = INSTALLED Member name: polishham Member votes: 1 csid = 0x10001 The following command displays detailed information about all members in the cluster in raw output: # clu_get_info -raw C:deli:3:2:0x7b5c2:3:3:2:(null):0 M:1:polishham.zk4.com:polishham-mc0:10.0.0.1:UP:Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A: TruCluster Server V5.0A:INSTALLED:polishham:1:0x10001 M:2:provolone.zk4.com:provolone-mc0:10.0.0.2:UP:Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A: TruCluster Server V5.0A:INSTALLED:provolone:1:0x10002 M:3:pepicelli.zk4.com:pepicelli-mc0:10.0.0.3:UP:Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A: TruCluster Server V5.0A:INSTALLED:pepicelli:1:0x10003 The following command displays the state of all members in the cluster: # clu_get_info -state S:NOT_CONF:UP:UP:UP:NOT_CONF:NOT_CONF:NOT_CONF:NOT_CONF FILES
Run-time configuration file for each cluster member. SEE ALSO
Functions: clu_get_info(3) Files: rc.config(8) TruCluster Server Administration Guide clu_get_info(8)