Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Debian (ubuntu) file problem after ftp Post 302141007 by sad_angle on Wednesday 17th of October 2007 06:59:25 AM
Old 10-17-2007
I dearly suggest that you use ftp from the command prompt.

open a terminal, then type man ftp, you can get it done in 5 min. If it does not work, at least it will generate an error that I can relate to it's results.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory-waste in Ubuntu/Debian?

I have 512 mem on this laptop, though 'top' tells me I only have 380. However, Ubuntu is using 288 mb of memory, when I only have 3 terminals, running lynx, vim(for this file) and (of course) top. Considering it I have lynx running a 600 page txt file, which of course would eat some memory but 300?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

2. SuSE

ubuntu to pure debian

ok, im going to start off by saying i am a newbee so some of the stuff i say may not be right. but anyways, right now i am using ubuntu hardy for my main distrobution. i love it and all, but the main reason i switched to linux (besides drm and the blue screen i see on my comp about ten times a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Video capture and editing on Solaris vs Debian vs Ubuntu

I am interested in doing some heavy video work. I have a ADVC 110 Video capture device, which I am using to capture VHS video tapes, which I will convert on the server to DVD format and burn to DVD's using DVD production software. I will also take the captured video file and split it up in parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
1 Replies

4. Linux

What is the lightest distro for using Debian/Ubuntu softwares

Which distro uses lowest system resource (when installed on hard_disk/usb.) where I can install software from Debian OR Ubuntu repository? I found Quelitu which is based on Lubuntu, but uses less memory as given on their site. There are lighter distros but most of them are based on Slackware. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iripu
0 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)