Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print the characters in a word Post 302140976 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 17th of October 2007 03:25:36 AM
Old 10-17-2007
and what do you want to do after splitting them up?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get first two characters from a word

Hi guyz, suppose there is a variable a=sachin. I want to have letter 'c' from variable a. I am trying this awk 'substr(sachin,2,1)' but its not working. I cant user cut as it requires a file whereas i have a variable. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting last characters of a word

Hi All is there a way to delete last n characters from a word like say i have employee_new i want to delete _new. and just get only employee I want this in AIX Shell scripting Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaryan4545
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How ti Grep for a word and print the next word

Hi can we grep for a word and print the next word of the greped word? ex:- create or replace function function_name create function function_name we should search for word "function" and output next word "function_name" from both lines. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word "description" excluding weird characters like $&lmp and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. I have attached the input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Search for a word and print the next word

Hi, I am trying to search for a word and print the next word. For example: My text is "<TRANSFORMATION TYPE ="Lookup Procedure">" I am searching for "TYPE" and trying to print ="Lookup Procedure" I have written a code like following: echo $line | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies
MP3SPLT-GTK(1)						      General Commands Manual						    MP3SPLT-GTK(1)

NAME
mp3splt-gtk -- Gtk utility for mp3/ogg splitting without decoding. SYNOPSIS
mp3splt-gtk [-d Directory ] [ Filename ] DESCRIPTION
mp3splt-gtk is a free software that allows you to split mp3 and ogg files from several splitpoints, without need of decoding and reencod- ing. It is useful to split large mp3/ogg to make smaller files or to split entire albums to obtain original tracks. If you are splitting an album you can get splitpoints and filenames automatically from servers on internet like tracktype.org or from a local .XMCD (.CDDB) or .CUE file, with the possibility to adjust them automatically with silence detection. You can also split files automatically with silence detection, or by a fixed time length. If you have a file created either with Mp3Wrap or AlbumWrap, you can easily split it. The whole program is controlled by a self-describing GUI and documented in the gnome help system. Optionally the name of the input file and the output directory can be specified on the command line (see above). BUGS
Report any bugs you find to the authors (see below). Advices, info requests and contributions are welcome. SEE ALSO
mp3splt(1) mp3wrap(1) AUTHORS
Alexandru Ionut Munteanu <io_fx@yahoo.fr> DISTRIBUTION
Visit http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net for latest release. mp3splt-project is (C) 2002-2005 by Matteo Trotta (C) 2005-2012 by Alexandru Ionut Munteanu Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License. This can be found as COPYING in mp3splt packages. MP3SPLT-GTK(1)