Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting assign zip directory to variable Post 302140874 by JimJ on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 12:32:13 PM
Old 10-16-2007
You're welcome...

No problem. Glad to help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip all files in a directory

I have two files in a directory: xxxx.txt xxxx.csv I need to zip both files up but the command I am doing below is only zipping xxx.txt file????: cd ../$CUSTOMER_DIRECTORY zip -q ${name}${FILE_OUT_NAME}.zip ls -lrt *.csv *.txt can anyone help?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip files inside the directory, but not the directory itself

Hi, Im facing a problem that im stucked, I have the following structure: thales@pereirtc-vbox:/home/VfARM$ ls code config doc lib manifest.bak manifest.rel manifest.v3 ns pub if i try to execute zip -q -o arm.zip VfARM/* it will create a zip file with the folder VfARM.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thales.Claro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell assign variable to another variable

How can I assign a variable to an variable. IE $car=honda One way I can do it is export $car=honda or let $car=2323 Is there any other ways to preform this task (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip all files in a directory and move to another directory

Hi, need to zip all files in a directory and move to another directory after the zip.. i am using this one but didnt help me... zip -r my_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%MS`.zip /path/my_proj mv in_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.zip /path/source/ i am trying to zip all the files in my_proj... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to zip a directory

Hi , How to compress the entire directory . Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i assign directory path to a variable in perl?

Hai how can I assign directory path to a variable in perl Thanks&Regards kiran (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i assign directory path to a variable in perl?

Hai how can I assign directory path to a variable in perl Thanks&Regards kiran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to pass variable in a command and assign value to a variable

Hello All, Hope you're doing well ! I am trying below command to be passed in a shell script, header_date_14 is a variable and $1 is the name of a file I intend to pass as a command line argument, however command line argument is not being accepted. header_date_14=$(m_dump... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
FILE2SM(1)							  ICI executables							FILE2SM(1)

NAME
file2sm - shared-memory linked list data ingestion test program SYNOPSIS
file2sm fileName DESCRIPTION
file2sm stress-tests shared-memory linked list data ingestion by repeatedly writing all text lines of the file named fileName to a shared- memory linked list that is the root object of a PSM partition named "file2sm". After writing each line to the linked list, file2sm gives a semaphore to indicate that the list is now non-empty. This is mainly for the benefit of the complementary test program sm2file(1). The operation of file2sm is cyclical. After copying all text lines of the source file to the linked list, file2sm appends an EOF line to the linked list, containing the text "*** End of the file ***", and prints a brief performance report: Processing I<lineCount> lines per second. Then it reopens the source file and starts appending the file's text lines to the linked list again. EXIT STATUS
0 file2sm has terminated. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Can't attach to shared memory Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't manage shared memory. PSM error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't create shared memory list. smlist error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't create semaphore. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't open input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't reopen input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't read from input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Ran out of memory. Nominal behavior. sm2file is not extracting data from the linked list quickly enough to prevent it from growing to consume all memory allocated to the test partition. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
sm2file(1), smlist(3), psm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 FILE2SM(1)