Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i want to call a oracle function in my shell script Post 302140860 by JimJ on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 11:18:18 AM
Old 10-16-2007
More info...

Can you give us some pseudo code (or cleaned up actual code) that we can look at to see what you want exactly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call a function in shell script

i have a function written in one shell script and i want to call that function in another shell script and use the value returned by that script. can any one suggest me how can i do that? regards, Rajesh.P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh.P
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to call Oracle package through shell script?

Hey i have a package in oracle to validate file mask. can i call it in through shell script . if yes , how Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation fault in function call, shell script

I am getting Segmentation fault at below function call in my script: get_x() { sqlplus -s / <<end | grep KEEP | sed 's/KEEP//;s///g' select 'KEEP' ,table_name from all_synonyms where upper(synonym_name)= '$1'; exit end x=$(get_x $1) echo " SQL OUTPUT IS :: $x" } I am getting output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IB_88
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange function call in the shell script parse_prog_args $@

I am converting shell script to Perl. In shell I have a code parse_prog_args() { if then while do case $1 in -P* | -p* ) export PROCESS_DATE=$2 export MM=`echo $2 | cut -c5-6` export DD=`echo $2 | cut -c7-8` export YY=`echo $2 | cut -c3-4` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
pseudo(4)							   File Formats 							 pseudo(4)

NAME
pseudo - configuration files for pseudo device drivers DESCRIPTION
Pseudo devices are devices that are implemented entirely in software. Drivers for pseudo devices must provide driver configuration files to inform the system of each pseudo device that should be created. Configuration files for pseudo device drivers must identify the parent driver explicitly as pseudo, and must create an integer property called instance which is unique to this entry in the configuration file. Each entry in the configuration file creates a prototype devinfo node. Each node is assigned an instance number which is determined by the value of the instance property. This property is only applicable to children of the pseudo parent, and is required since pseudo devices have no hardware address from which to determine the instance number. See driver.conf(4) for further details of configuration file syntax. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample configuration file. Here is a configuration file called ramdisk.conf for a pseudo device driver that implements a RAM disk. This file creates two nodes called "ramdisk". The first entry creates ramdisk node instance 0, and the second creates ramdisk node, instance 1, with the additional disk-size property set to 512. # # Copyright (c) 1993, by Sun Microsystems, Inc. # #ident "@(#)ramdisk.conf 1.3 93/06/04 SMI" name="ramdisk" parent="pseudo" instance=0; name="ramdisk" parent="pseudo" instance=1 disk-size=512; SEE ALSO
driver.conf(4), ddi_prop_op(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Jun 1993 pseudo(4)