Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nano-2.0.6 HELP!!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers nano-2.0.6 HELP!!!! Post 302140848 by sysgate on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 10:37:30 AM
Old 10-16-2007
copy" the nano executable to other location ? like "cp /path/to/nano /the-new/path/nano" && chown user:group /the-new/path/nano.
"ln -s" , i.e. symlink them ? I'm not aware of the way tcsh works, but EDITOR may not be accepted, why not add the nano path in your $PATH ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

microwindow and nano-X

Dear all I have problem in installing microwindows. What I did 1.I have microwindows-0.90 in home/SHIVA 2.cd microwindows-0.90/src 3.cp configs config 4.make clean; make 5. make 6.now it is giving error :- winevent.c:18: error: static declaration of ‘abs' follows non-static declaration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra_sk_in
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Nano installation for ON HP UX

How to isntall nano on HP UX? Thanks:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using nano x to design GUI

Hi, I am working on a project to develop an embedded device that can transfer files between two usb devices ( pen drives). We are using an NUC950A ARM9 microcontroller and we've put the Linux 2.1 kernel on the development board and it works. Can i use nano -x to design my own GUI so that i can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilumcc
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nano ; does it have split screen capability?

Can nano have two files open at once? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Create files using Nano?

I need to switch files in a directory using Nano thinking i have all the files in the same directory? how would i go about doing that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with these scripts in nano...

So I am trying to write 3 different scripts using nano. Having some trouble with each. The first one is prompting for the person's information, and I would like to store that information in a new text file. I have most of it complete. The only problem I have here is that I do not know the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
2 Replies
RNANO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RNANO(1)

NAME
rnano - Restricted mode for Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone SYNOPSIS
rnano [OPTIONS] [[+LINE,COLUMN] FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the rnano command. nano is a small, free and friendly editor which aims to replace Pico, the default editor included in the non-free Pine package. Rather than just copying Pico's look and feel, nano also implements some missing (or disabled by default) features in Pico, such as "search and replace" and "go to line and column number". rnano is a restricted version of nano, which only edits specific files and doesn't allow the user access to the filesystem or a command shell. In restricted mode, nano will not: o read or write to any file not specified on the command line; o read any nanorc files; o allow suspending; o allow a file to be appended to, prepended to, or saved under a different name; o use backup files or spell checking. OPTIONS
+LINE,COLUMN Places cursor at line number LINE and column number COLUMN (at least one of which must be specified) on startup, instead of the default of line 1, column 1. -? Same as -h (--help). -h (--help) Show a summary of command line options and exit. -V (--version) Show the current version number and exit. See the nano(1) manpage for the complete documentation of nano. BUGS
Please send any comments or bug reports to nano@nano-editor.org. The nano mailing list is available from nano-devel@gnu.org. To subscribe, email to nano-devel-request@gnu.org with a subject of "subscribe". HOMEPAGE
http://www.nano-editor.org/ AUTHOR
Chris Allegretta <chrisa@asty.org>, et al (see AUTHORS for details). This manual page was originally written by Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). August 23, 2007 version 2.0.0 RNANO(1)