Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet Post 302140762 by jsvarma on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 03:11:44 AM
Old 10-16-2007
HI All,
Quite surprised that i did not get any replies posted for the issue even after posting for 15 hours. Anyways, we managed to resolve the issue and for the sake of all the troubled folks out there with similar issue, i want to give the solution used:

The problem seems to have been resolved by by removing the root from ftpuser file on AMD Opteron box . Now there is no problem on doing FTP from a Telnet session .

Regards

Jagdish S Varma

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with telnet using putty on solaris 10 x86

Hi ... I am totally new to unix ... I just installed solaris 10 and internet is working. Everytime I try to telnet from my windows xp using Putty to solaris as root user, putty opens the command prompt window and close right away. I also tried with ssh using Putty and I got a message "Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glieu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot telnet/ftp to solaris machine by straight cable makes problem ..

Hi All, 1. modify /etc/default/login file as make commented # console= 2.put my laptops ip at both /etc/inet/ipnodes and /etc/host file still i can login via telnet/ftp through a DB9-serial cable, but when i tried through a lan stratight cable directly connected that machine... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
7 Replies

4. Solaris

why telnet from PC to Solaris x86 is extremely slow?

I got the following info from this forum, in regards to configuring my Solaris x86 to link to the Net: # echo 192.168.0.1 > /etc/defaultrouter # route add default 192.168.0.1 # echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf # cp /etc/nsswitch.dns /etc/nsswitch.conf So I did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie09
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Lucid AMD 64 install on USB HDD reboots frequently

Hi all, I am using Ubuntu lucid. It is installed on external USB HDD and I boot into it. Besides other issues, the most significant one is as follows.. I boot in and start working. Everything goes on fine. As soon as I move the HDD, change its position, etc, all icons tuns into a red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
1 Replies
isainfo(1)							   User Commands							isainfo(1)

NAME
isainfo - describe instruction set architectures SYNOPSIS
isainfo [ [-v] [-b | -n | -k] | [-x]] DESCRIPTION
The isainfo utility is used to identify various attributes of the instruction set architectures supported on the currently running system. Among the questions it can answer are whether 64-bit applications are supported, or whether the running kernel uses 32-bit or 64-bit device drivers. When invoked with no options, isainfo prints the name(s) of the native instruction sets for applications supported by the current version of the operating system. These are a subset of the list returned by isalist(1). The subset corresponds to the basic applications environ- ments supported by the currently running system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Prints the number of bits in the address space of the native instruction set. -k Prints the name of the instruction set(s) used by the operating system kernel components such as device drivers and STREAMS mod- ules. -n Prints the name of the native instruction set used by portable applications supported by the current version of the operating sys- tem. -v When used with the- b, -k or -n options, prints more detailed information. -x Prints instruction extensions to the native ABI which are supported by the platform. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Invoking isainfo on a 32-bit x86 Platform The following example invokes isainfo on a 32-bit x86 platform: example% isainfo -v 32-bit i386 applications example% isainfo -k i386 Example 2: Invoking isainfo on a System Running the 64-bit Operating System on a 64-bit SPARC Processor The following example invokes isainfo on a system running the 64-bit operating system on a 64-bit SPARC processor: example% isainfo sparcv9 sparc example% isainfo -n sparcv9 example% isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications example% isainfo -vk 64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules Example 3: Invoking isainfo -x on an AMD Opteron CPU The following example invokes isainfo with the -x option on an AMD Opteron CPU: example% isainfo -x i386: fpu tsc cx8 sep cmov mmx ammx a3dnow a3dnowx fxsr sse sse2 pause EXIT STATUS
Non-zero Options are not specified correctly, or the command is unable to recognize attributes of the system on which it is running. An error message is printed to stderr. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), psrinfo(1M), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 2004 isainfo(1)