Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet Post 302140674 by jsvarma on Monday 15th of October 2007 10:03:43 AM
Old 10-15-2007
Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet

Hi All,
I have installed Solaris 9 on on an AMD Opteron based server.

The server is rebooting after i perform the following:

- Logon to Solaris 9 AMD box through telnet or putty
- ftp to any other box suppose box A where the FTP server is running
- After logging in to the box A through FTP , just make ls or any operation like mget and mput , This is rebooting the Solaris 9 AMD box .
But if we do the same operation after logging to Solaris 9 AMD box through Xmanager , there is no problem at all .

Can somebody suggest why i get the reboot only when i telnet. Is there some way i can avoid it.

Regards
Jagdish S Varma

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with telnet using putty on solaris 10 x86

Hi ... I am totally new to unix ... I just installed solaris 10 and internet is working. Everytime I try to telnet from my windows xp using Putty to solaris as root user, putty opens the command prompt window and close right away. I also tried with ssh using Putty and I got a message "Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glieu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot telnet/ftp to solaris machine by straight cable makes problem ..

Hi All, 1. modify /etc/default/login file as make commented # console= 2.put my laptops ip at both /etc/inet/ipnodes and /etc/host file still i can login via telnet/ftp through a DB9-serial cable, but when i tried through a lan stratight cable directly connected that machine... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
7 Replies

4. Solaris

why telnet from PC to Solaris x86 is extremely slow?

I got the following info from this forum, in regards to configuring my Solaris x86 to link to the Net: # echo 192.168.0.1 > /etc/defaultrouter # route add default 192.168.0.1 # echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf # cp /etc/nsswitch.dns /etc/nsswitch.conf So I did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie09
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Lucid AMD 64 install on USB HDD reboots frequently

Hi all, I am using Ubuntu lucid. It is installed on external USB HDD and I boot into it. Besides other issues, the most significant one is as follows.. I boot in and start working. Everything goes on fine. As soon as I move the HDD, change its position, etc, all icons tuns into a red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
1 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)