Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 disksuite
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 10 disksuite Post 302140629 by blowtorch on Monday 15th of October 2007 03:34:13 AM
Old 10-15-2007
I'm not sure what metatool does. I checked on a couple of servers, but it wasn't in the standard path. Perhaps you would like to explain what the problem is? Maybe someone here could give you a command-line solution.

-Edit
I don't think metatool is part of Solaris 10. This list might help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disksuite questions

Is this correct if I have to create 2 partions of 100 Gigs each? (spread accross (6) 36 Gig drives) AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@0,0 1. c0t1d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Solstice Disksuite Question

According to the metadb man page: Now based on italicized part, if a mirror only has a single replica and never crashes, it should still function. Same with booting. I thought three replicas were necessary for the system to be able to come up but the comment about crashing tells me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris DiskSuite, boot from detached disk

Hi, I am running Solaris 8 on Sun server with 2 hard drives. I have configured mirroring on the system using DiskSuite tool in order to have the same data on both disks. Now I want to perform some software upgrade and I would like to use the second disk as a backup disk. This means taking this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlossg
3 Replies

6. Solaris

DiskSuite dilemma

Hello, We have this system a SunFire 280R running Solaris 8 Generic_117350-46. It has 2 36GB disks in it. They are mirrored with DiskSuite 4.2.1. When we execute a metastat all the devices report an Okay status, but when we go into metatool everything is in the Critical (maintenance)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
4 Replies

7. Solaris

mirroring with disksuite

hi all, i want to mirror two disks with disksuite under solaris 9 , doses smeone can explain me Briefly the essential steps to do that plz ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Looking for Solstice DiskSuite 4.2

Hi all, Do you know where I can download Soltice Disksuite 4.2 for Solaris 2.6 ? I haven't the CD labeled “Solaris Server Intranet Extensions 1.0” . Thanks in advance for your precious help. Bests Regards Hosni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosni
2 Replies

9. Solaris

disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3

I have a SOlaris 10 v240 server. I'm installing disksuite to mirror the root drive D0 to D2. I also have one partition on disk 1 that I want to mirror to D3. I am not using ZFS right now. Can I add that to my initial mirroring configuration or can I only mirror 1 drive to 1 drive? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies
SCROLLKEEPER-PREINSTALL(8)				      System Manager's Manual					SCROLLKEEPER-PREINSTALL(8)

NAME
scrollkeeper-preinstall - generate on OMF file, based on an existing OMF file, which has the correct URL for a document SYNOPSIS
scrollkeeper-preinstall url input-omf-file output-omf-file DESCRIPTION
scrollkeeper-preinstall creates the OMF file output-omf-file by reading the given existing OMF file input-omf-file and replacing the URL for a resource (typically a document) with the URL given by url. This is typically done as part of the build process for an application, since the actual location that a document is installed is not known until the application is built. If output-omf-file is specified with a path, and that path does not exist, the path is created. The url is typically the "file:" URI followed by the absolute path to a document which is (or will be) installed. (eg. "file:/usr/doc/scrollkeeper/scrollkeeper.sgml") AUTHOR
Laszlo Kovacs <laszlo.kovacs@sun.com> Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> SEE ALSO
scrollkeeper-config(1), scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid(1), scrollkeeper.conf(5), scrollkeeper(7), scrollkeeper-rebuilddb(8), scrollkeeper- update(8) scrollkeeper Dec 5, 2001 SCROLLKEEPER-PREINSTALL(8)