Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 disksuite
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 10 disksuite Post 302140621 by miredale on Monday 15th of October 2007 03:19:05 AM
Old 10-15-2007
Solaris 10 disksuite

We recently got a third party in to upgrade our solaris 8 sparc server to solaris 10.
A few month later I now have a disk mirror problem that I would normally fix by going into the GUI screen "metatool"
It appears that the third party didn't install disksuite after the upgrade. Does anyone know where I can download disksuite for solaris 10?

Thanks
Mark

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disksuite questions

Is this correct if I have to create 2 partions of 100 Gigs each? (spread accross (6) 36 Gig drives) AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@0,0 1. c0t1d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Solstice Disksuite Question

According to the metadb man page: Now based on italicized part, if a mirror only has a single replica and never crashes, it should still function. Same with booting. I thought three replicas were necessary for the system to be able to come up but the comment about crashing tells me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris DiskSuite, boot from detached disk

Hi, I am running Solaris 8 on Sun server with 2 hard drives. I have configured mirroring on the system using DiskSuite tool in order to have the same data on both disks. Now I want to perform some software upgrade and I would like to use the second disk as a backup disk. This means taking this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlossg
3 Replies

6. Solaris

DiskSuite dilemma

Hello, We have this system a SunFire 280R running Solaris 8 Generic_117350-46. It has 2 36GB disks in it. They are mirrored with DiskSuite 4.2.1. When we execute a metastat all the devices report an Okay status, but when we go into metatool everything is in the Critical (maintenance)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
4 Replies

7. Solaris

mirroring with disksuite

hi all, i want to mirror two disks with disksuite under solaris 9 , doses smeone can explain me Briefly the essential steps to do that plz ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Looking for Solstice DiskSuite 4.2

Hi all, Do you know where I can download Soltice Disksuite 4.2 for Solaris 2.6 ? I haven't the CD labeled “Solaris Server Intranet Extensions 1.0” . Thanks in advance for your precious help. Bests Regards Hosni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosni
2 Replies

9. Solaris

disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3

I have a SOlaris 10 v240 server. I'm installing disksuite to mirror the root drive D0 to D2. I also have one partition on disk 1 that I want to mirror to D3. I am not using ZFS right now. Can I add that to my initial mirroring configuration or can I only mirror 1 drive to 1 drive? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)