Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dos2unix permission problem
Operating Systems Linux dos2unix permission problem Post 302140612 by eric_wong_ch on Monday 15th of October 2007 02:41:33 AM
Old 10-15-2007
my root a/c umask is 0022
thz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Permission problem

I am having problems editing my options and profile etc. Whenever i do, i am getting a message that says I don't have any permissions. Can u tell me a solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyrak
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Permission Problem

I ran the sys-unconfig command and now I can't seem to change the permission on that folder evne though I'm the Superuser(Root admin). I need to fix this so the user 'tommy' can login and have his home directory working. How do I fix this??? http://www3.telus.net/superstar/error.jpg (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Permission Problem

Hi,I am a newbie, in a hp-ux box,i create a file testfile as root, ls -l testfile -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1 Jan 11 17:51 testfile then l login the box as user ivan,then I execute rm testfile It prompts me testfile : 644 mode ? (y/n) ,if I enter y,then the testfile is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluepluto
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partition Permission Problem

I am using a PowerBook G4 with OS X 10.4.11. While modifying permissions using the Finder Info window on what I thought was a folder on a data partition, I inadvertently changed the permissions for the entire partition instead of the folder. Now I cannot access that partition nor any folders or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunky6767
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission problem

How would i change permissions for a new directory so that i am the only one who has any access to any of the files created in it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dos2unix command

hi friends i am using the dos2unix command to remove the ^M characters coming at the end of each line , but i getting the folowing message: > dos2unix file.sql could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed ---------file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dos2UNIX formatting problem

Hi, I was trying to dos2unix a file that has some special characters but dos2unix converted those into different format. I am working on sun server. I guess the default for dos2unix on sun server is ISO format . Can i change the format so that it does the conversion in UTF format? Because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS require- ments. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard charac- ters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)