Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 installaion problem in X86 Post 302140607 by joerg on Monday 15th of October 2007 01:30:53 AM
Old 10-15-2007
Bug

Hi,
first of all please tell us the version of Solaris you try to install!

But if You have problems with the installed hardware please searching for the HCL List of sun, for support of hardware components
Sun Microsystems - BigAdmin - Solaris OS: Hardware Compatibility List

My hint is too use the Opensolaris Version you can find it there:
Home at OpenSolaris.org

Best regards
joerg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem mounting DVD on Solaris 10 (x86)

I have just installed Solaris 10. I have read various threads on how to mount CDs put can't get mine going. My Sony DVD RW-U14A is attached to IDE2 as the master. If I type iostat -En I get c1t0d0 soft errors 0 hard errors 0 transport errors 0 Vendor Sony Product DVD RW-U14A Size 0Gb etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
3 Replies

2. Solaris

problem with installing Solaris 10 on x86 stand-alone computer

hi. I'm using Intel-based processor for my stand-alone computer running Windows XP Professional with a broadband connection. By navigating through Solaris 10 documentations via the following paths: 'Solaris 10 Release and Installation Collection' > 'Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninelives1980
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing Solaris 8 on x86

I am trying to install Solaris 8 on a pentium based machine with hardware listed on the HCL. I am booting off of Solaris 8 CD1 and getting to the webstart portion of the installation. However, after selecting option 1 for Interactive Installation, the screen goes to a white screen with blinking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: subminimal
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 instalation problem.

Hello, my objective is to install Unix Solaris 10 on an x86 system with serial ata and also be able to chose between it and windows during boot. I have a segate sata 150 7200rpm baracuda 80 gb hdd on an sil 3112 controller, I've searched and discovered that Solaris 10 supports sata and my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gravesent
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot problem with SMF svcs-Solaris 10 for x86

Hi All, I am newbie in solaris, please guide me. A week before i installed solaris10 on my x86 system, it was working fine i always used "init 5" to shutdown my system as per my collegue advice. But yesterday when i started my system it gave me following message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 bge0 network problem

Hi, Server --Dell Poweredge 2550. OS--Solaris 10 Network switch --cisco --port setting- 1000Mbps full duplex The network LED goes off when the solaris console screen comes up but prior to that(while booting is in progess) it is green. The system is not able to come on network,ping to switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilzoc
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with Solaris system on x86. It would not boot again after updates.

Hi All, I have an x86 system which I have just installed Solaris 10 on, I intend to use this as a database server for Oracle, I tried to patch the server with the latest updates from SUN in preparation for the Oracle installation as I wanted to make sure that I was running the latest patches. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: clnt_create fails on solaris x86

Hi, I am facing an issue with Solaris x86 machine Machine Details: uname -a SunOS sol10-64 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc .............................. Description: I am trying to register a programm with proramm ID 300760 with version number 1, and tryint to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DivakarAdari
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)