Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where to get old Unices?
Operating Systems SCO Where to get old Unices? Post 302140552 by Kotzkroete on Sunday 14th of October 2007 05:21:10 AM
Old 10-14-2007
Where to get old Unices?

Hi,
I am very interested in old unices but I'm deperate, I don't know where to get these.
I'm sure they aren't sold anymore.
I'm looking for anyone of the real AT&T or SCO System Vs.

Please tell me if you happen to know where to get them Smilie

Last edited by Kotzkroete; 10-14-2007 at 07:33 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

so many unices

Something i've always wondered about: what's the difference and why some companies choose to use commercial unices instead of the free ones ? what can make solaris or hp-ux or god knows what else more attractive to someone in charge of the it dept than freebsd or linux debian ? i mean this in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jad
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I get original copy of Unices

BSD, AFAIK, Linux, etc are developed/based upon UNIX... but they are not UNIX... I'm wandering where can I obtain a original copy of UNIX(without flavor) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laduch
1 Replies
BRANDELF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       BRANDELF(1)

NAME
brandelf -- mark an ELF binary for a specific ABI SYNOPSIS
brandelf [-lv] [-f ELF_ABI_number] [-t string] file ... DESCRIPTION
The brandelf utility marks an ELF binary to be run under a certain ABI for FreeBSD. The options are as follows: -f ELF_ABI_number Forces branding with the supplied ELF ABI number. Incompatible with the -t option. These values are assigned by SCO/USL. -l Writes the list of all known ELF types to the standard error. -v Turns on verbose output. -t string Brands the given ELF binaries to be of the string ABI type. Currently supported ABIs are ``FreeBSD'', ``Linux'', and ``SVR4''. file If -t string is given it will brand file to be of type string, otherwise it will simply display the branding of file. EXIT STATUS
Exit status is 0 on success, and 1 if the command fails if a file does not exist, is too short, fails to brand properly, or the brand requested is not one of the known types and the -f option is not set. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a typical usage of the brandelf command: brandelf file brandelf -t Linux file SEE ALSO
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc., System V Application Binary Interface, http://www.sco.com/developer/devspecs/, April 29, 1998 (DRAFT). HISTORY
The brandelf manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>. BSD
February 6, 1997 BSD