Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ps results - to show user's ps only Post 302140495 by wmccull on Saturday 13th of October 2007 01:42:03 AM
Old 10-13-2007
try doing a grep ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Show operating system, current user & network

I have found an excellent OS X pref pane that allows you to output log files or terminal commands/scripts onto the desktop in the background. What I want to do is create a script that outputs the following... - Mac OS X Version and Build (As shown in the about this mac) - Current username -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitaljunkie
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible to show in which directory a user can write?

Hi Gurus, is there a possibility to show where a user can write to? i want to see all directories where a user has permissions to write to. Kind Regards FranzB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If user has own crontab, results in accumulation of root CRON processes

Hello, I seem to be having a problem with accumulation of root CRON jobs occuring when I have a user's cron job(s) running. Here is an example of a user's crontab file: */1 * * * * echo "hello" > /dev/nullps aux|grep CRON root 14333 0.0 0.0 91236 2172 ? S ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show "uniq -c" results only for more than X occurrences

Say I have test.txt with the following data: user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox12 IP2 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user3 mailbox31 IP1 user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox11 IP1 user1 mailbox12 IP2 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user2 mailbox21 IP1 user2 mailbox21 IP1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to add a variable for the results from the formula of one variable and results of another var

Good morning all, This is the file name in question OD_Orders_2019-02-19.csv I am trying to create a bash script to read into files with yesterdays date on the file name while retaining the rest of the files name. I would like for $y to equal, the name of the file with a formula output with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahim A
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep command to show the number of results

Hi I wanted to know if there is an option in grep command to show the number of results (not the number of lines of findings). Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
14 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)