Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic Drop down boxes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic Drop down boxes Post 302140492 by cbkihong on Friday 12th of October 2007 10:44:17 PM
Old 10-12-2007
Javascript is just embedded in HTML (or in a separate .js file linked from the HTML, as I normally prefer), so your CGI just output the "script" element like normal plain text with Perl/CGI.

Javascript is the language you write your client-side scripts, but to access the objects on the HTML document (such as form controls) you will need to do so through the Javascript binding of DOM. You will need to set Javascript event handlers to capture selection change event of dropboxes.

Official advise starts here:

Javascript: JavaScript - MDC
DOM: DOM - MDC

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drop Users

I know that this is a really simple and stupid question, but how do I drop / disconnect a user who is logged in? AIX 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trfrye
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read and drop files

I have hundreds of small files in csv format. I want to read them one at a time, insert the data into a table and then delete it. data1 to data999.txt files needs to be read and data to be added to a table. mysql -e"LOAD DATA INFILE 'data1.txt' INTO TABLE my_table;" if echo $? = 0 then rm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed but want to drop last line

Howdy all. I have some scripts that read a text file looking for a keyword, then returning all the text until another keyword and puts it into a new file. Problem is, sed returns the entire last line that contains the 2nd keyword, and I don't want it! Here's an example of the sed script line: ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: atc98092
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

drop down structure in file

I have file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, d40 113, begum, d40 I want to group this file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, 113, begum, can any one help me on this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop down menu

How to create a drop down menu in either bash or ksh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Dynamic Drop Down Menu

I need to create a dynamic drop down menu which is populated by entries such as; htdocs/client1/index.php htdocs/client2/index.php htdocs/client3/index.php htdocs/client4/index.php etc. So htdocs/client*/index.php Is this possible? I know how to do this using normal arrays, but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Drop out

My boss use a MacBook and he encounter with DNS drop out and he cannot surf website for 1-2 mins. The DNS Service of my company is on UNIX server. I try to delete some unused IP of DNS Server in resolv.conf and dhcp.conf and I try to update root.hint file but The problem is not fixed. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
5 Replies
CSS::DOM::Rule::Media(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				CSS::DOM::Rule::Media(3pm)

NAME
CSS::DOM::Rule::Media - CSS @media rule class for CSS::DOM VERSION
Version 0.14 SYNOPSIS
use CSS::DOM; my $media_rule = CSS::DOM->parse( '@media print { body { background: none } }' )->cssRules->[0]; # OR: use CSS::DOM::Rule::Media; my $media_rule = new CSS::DOM::Rule::Media $parent; push @{$media_rule->media}, 'print'; $media_rule->insertRule('body { background: none }') DESCRIPTION
This module implements CSS @media rules for CSS::DOM. It inherits from CSS::DOM::Rule and implements the CSSMediaRule DOM interface. METHODS
media Returns the MediaList associated with the @media rule (or a plain list in list context). This defaults to an empty list. You can pass a comma-delimited string to the MediaList's "mediaText" method to set it. cssRules In scalar context, this returns a CSS::DOM::RuleList object (simply a blessed array reference) of CSS::DOM::Rule objects. In list context it returns a list. insertRule ( $css_code, $index ) Parses the rule contained in the $css_code, inserting it the @media rule's list of subrules at the given $index. deleteRule ( $index ) Deletes the rule at the given $index. SEE ALSO
CSS::DOM CSS::DOM::Rule CSS::DOM::MediaList perl v5.10.1 2010-12-10 CSS::DOM::Rule::Media(3pm)