Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to browse a web site using script Post 302140441 by ravager on Friday 12th of October 2007 12:01:20 PM
Old 10-12-2007
you can try to use wget

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site setup

Hi, I have a m/c loaded with redhat linux, static IP address and this m/c intern connected to the internet thro leaseline. Now i need to setup a company website has www.abc.xyz.com. What necessary configuration i need to do so that others can view our website. Thanks Bache Gowda (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site mirroring

I have a unix server running RedHat Linux 9.0. I want to mirror my site on a different server with the same configuration so if the main server goes down, the other server will take over. How is this best accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Site Creation - testing .*pl etc....

Hiya All, How can I test my PERL Scripts whilst making my web site? I'm hoping there is some software out there that emulates a Web Server - without all the hassle of my building/setting up a Web Server from Stratch (Never done anything like that before - my next big project! 8) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
7 Replies

4. AIX

intranet web site

hello I would like to create an internal web site, but how do i make it with Aix ? I must to install apache and send my http pages in the declared repertory ? There are some configuration files to modify ?? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help in creating my first web site?

I have always wanted to create my own site, I've only had one class about the basics in creating web pages but know i would like to get into more and more detailed info about doing so anyone with alot of experience please help me out.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browse Web pages through command line

Is there any way to browse web pages while on the command line? I know wget can download pages, but I was wondering if there was an option other than that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vroomlicious
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Web Site Performance Issue

Hi All, I am currently managing a web site. I find that during the peak time period,ie,between 1300hrs to 2100hrs everyday,the response slows down whenever i access the applications hosted by the server.However when i try to access the static content in the web server,it loads quickly. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
avahi-browse(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   avahi-browse(1)

NAME
avahi-browse - Browse for mDNS/DNS-SD services using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-browse [options] service-type avahi-browse [options] --all avahi-browse [options] --browse-domains avahi-browse [options] --dump-db avahi-browse-domains [options] DESCRIPTION
Browse for mDNS/DNS-SD network services and browsing domains using the Avahi daemon. OPTIONS
Specify a DNS-SD service type (e.g. _http._tcp) to browse for on the command line, or -a to browse for all available service types. Items that appear on the network are prefixed with "+", items that disappear are prefixed with "-". If --resolve is passed items that are resolved are prefixed with "=". -a | --all Browse for all service types registered on the LAN, not just the one specified on the command line. -D | --browse-domains Browse for browsing domains instead for services. avahi-browse-domains is equivalent to avahi-browse --browse-domains -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted avahi-browse will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -t | --terminate Terminate after dumping a more or less complete list. -c | --cache Terminate after dumping all entries available in the cache. -l | --ignore-local Ignore local services, show only remote services. -r | --resolve Automatically resolve services found. -f | --no-fail Don't fail if the daemon is not found running. Instead, wait until it appears. If it disconnects, try to reconnect. -p | --parsable Make output easily parsable for usage in scripts. If enabled fields are separated by semicolons (;), service names are escaped. It is recommended to combine this with --no-db-lookup. -k | --no-db-lookup Don't lookup services types in service type database. -b | --dump-db Dump the service type database (may be combined with -k) -h | --help Show help. -V | --version Show version information. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-publish(1), avahi-resolve(1), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-browse(1)