Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart with image problem
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart with image problem Post 302140289 by Naanu on Thursday 11th of October 2007 05:28:53 PM
Old 10-11-2007
Jumpstart with image problem

Hello,

I did this perfectly fine with S10Update3. But with S10Update4 something is strange
a) For some reason when I am moving to Update 4, it keeps prompting for name service etc etc. But this goes away if I give nfs4_domain=dynamic in the sysidcfg file. This was not happening for Update3. Any clues?

b) Also, initially a master image is created as a .flar. And this is used to populate the target server. But for some reason after the population is done and the server reboots, it keeps asking for all the Timezone details and other stuff which has already been given during the creation of the master image file. I did not have these issues with Update3.

Does anyone have any clue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart from linux problem

Hi, I am using RH-AS as my jumpstart server for installing solaris 8 on a sun machine. the finish script phase starts ok but some where in the middle it fails - i tried it servel times and each time it fails in a differnt place. I get "not found" message for all kind of basic command like awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Problem

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for reading my thread. I am not very familiar with Unix so please bear with me if I say anything stupid. I have a SunFire V100 server with Solaris 8, which I made into a Boot/Install/Profile server. Recently, I re-install the V100 box with Solaris 10. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cityshrimp
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Problem

Hi, I build a jumpstart server with a running dhcp server. I already managed to install a x86 client via network. But my sparc clients aren't still working. When booting via network I get the following message: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet I ran "snoop" on the server: client2 ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay_Fisi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

tftp Problem during Jumpstart

Hi, I have a V240 Solaris 10 (06.06) with a Solaris image of 08.07 (newest release). On the jumpstart server I have also installed JET for testing. Client was setup using the JET utilities. jade = jumpstart server phoebus = client (MAC: 0:3:ba:9e:6f:2d IP:192.168.58.121 ) When I now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironhead
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris JumpStart Image on Floppy?

I was wondering if there was a Solaris JumpStart image small enough to fit on a floppy. The computer I want to JumpStart doesn't have a CD drive. If so, where could I download it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Question: Update Image?

Hi everyone, We have a T5240 and noticed we were having issues booting the system using our jumpstart server (it seems as though we don't have the correct drivers for the nxge NIC) We thought we needed to update our jumpstart server image 9/10 Solaris SPARC image. Now I'm still learning... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify function image magick problem - perl

Hi, I got some error when I try to write content from file store into array then for each word that separate by space use identify function to display image information.here is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -w open(FILE,'transfer_file_perl.txt') or die "$!"; my $line = <FILE>;#because it is one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
2 Replies

9. BSD

Mount ISO Image on FreeBSD problem!

I'm try to mount an iso on FreeBSD 8.2, but i recive an error; I use the following commands: # mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /path/to/myimage.iso -u 1 # mount -t cd9660 /dev/md1 /media and receive the next message: mount_cd9660: /dev/md1: Invalid argument I also use mdconfig -d -u * (*- is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnbuBlack
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies
GIT-SYMBOLIC-REF(1)						    Git Manual						       GIT-SYMBOLIC-REF(1)

NAME
git-symbolic-ref - Read and modify symbolic refs SYNOPSIS
git symbolic-ref [-m <reason>] <name> <ref> git symbolic-ref [-q] [--short] <name> DESCRIPTION
Given one argument, reads which branch head the given symbolic ref refers to and outputs its path, relative to the .git/ directory. Typically you would give HEAD as the <name> argument to see which branch your working tree is on. Given two arguments, creates or updates a symbolic ref <name> to point at the given branch <ref>. A symbolic ref is a regular file that stores a string that begins with ref: refs/. For example, your .git/HEAD is a regular file whose contents is ref: refs/heads/master. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Do not issue an error message if the <name> is not a symbolic ref but a detached HEAD; instead exit with non-zero status silently. --short When showing the value of <name> as a symbolic ref, try to shorten the value, e.g. from refs/heads/master to master. -m Update the reflog for <name> with <reason>. This is valid only when creating or updating a symbolic ref. NOTES
In the past, .git/HEAD was a symbolic link pointing at refs/heads/master. When we wanted to switch to another branch, we did ln -sf refs/heads/newbranch .git/HEAD, and when we wanted to find out which branch we are on, we did readlink .git/HEAD. But symbolic links are not entirely portable, so they are now deprecated and symbolic refs (as described above) are used by default. git symbolic-ref will exit with status 0 if the contents of the symbolic ref were printed correctly, with status 1 if the requested name is not a symbolic ref, or 128 if another error occurs. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SYMBOLIC-REF(1)