Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter unwanted lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter unwanted lines Post 302140176 by Raynon on Thursday 11th of October 2007 05:46:36 AM
Old 10-11-2007
Hi Vino,

My output is below

Code:
$ sed -n -e "/k=/p" -e '/^\*\* ABC.*07$/p' input
aaa k= aaaa
bbb k= cccc
ggg k= pppp
mmm k= qqqq
eee k= yyyy
rrr k= vvvv 
** ABCXX ZZZ VVV 07
mma k= qqqq
eer k= yyyy
rrq k= vvvv 
mgm k= qqqs
eae k= yyys
ppp k= vvvs 
** ABCXX ZZZ VVV 07
mma k= qqqq
ear k= yyyy
raq k= vvvdv 
mma k= qqqq
ear k= yyyy
$

But what i need is

Code:
** ABCXX ZZZ VVV 07
mma k= qqqq
eer k= yyyy
rrq k= vvvv 
** ABCXX ZZZ VVV 07
mma k= qqqq
ear k= yyyy
raq k= vvvdv

In other words i only want those data in blue. Pls help me.

aaa k= aaaa
bbb k= cccc
ggg k= pppp
** XXXXX ZZZ VVV 07
mmm k= qqqq
eee k= yyyy
rrr k= vvvv
** ABCXX ZZZ VVV 07
mma k= qqqq
eer k= yyyy
rrq k= vvvv

** XXXXX ZZZ VVV 07
mgm k= qqqs
eae k= yyys
ppp k= vvvs
** ABCXX ZZZ VVV 07
mma k= qqqq
ear k= yyyy
raq k= vvvdv

** XXXXX ZZx VVx 07
mma k= qqqq
ear k= yyyy

Last edited by Raynon; 10-11-2007 at 06:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Remove the unwanted Blank Lines

I have a file with the below data, i would like to remove the end blank lines with no data. I used the below commands but could not able to succeed, could you please shed some light. Commands Used: sed '/^$/d' input.txt > output.txt grep -v '^$' input.txt > output.txt input.txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted lines

I have a .xml file, where i need some output. The xml file is like: Code: <?******?></ddddd><sssss>234</dfdffsdf><sdhjh>534</dfdfa>......... /Code I need the output like: code 234 534 . . . /code How can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep out unwanted lines

Hi, I got a log file and I want to grep out a list of unwanted line which are IP's. Basiclly I want everything ecxept the ip's from my list. If I do a while read line do grep -v $ip_from_my_list logfile done <ip_list it just grep's one IP at a time and repeats. :( Thanks for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only the last 'n' lines of a grep output?

I am running a grep query for searching a pattern, and the output is quite huge. I want only the last 200 lines to be displayed, and I am not sure if tail will do the trick (can tail read from std in/out instead of files?). Please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shell_newbie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) to remove unwanted entries

Ok, i have a .kml file that that i want to trim down and get rid of the rubbish from. its formatted like so: <Placemark> <name><!]></name> <description><!</b><br/>Frequency: <b>2437</b><br/>Timestamp: <b>1304892397000</b><br/>Date: <b>2011-05-08... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phear46
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of unwanted lines

Hi , My output contains the below contents When i execute df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' i get output as below tpshghghg.fgh.com:/vol/scmvol1/scm-vobstore/WebArch.vbs 1.7T 1.3T 452G 74% /vob/WebArch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter lines common in two files

Thanks everyone. I got that problem solved. I require one more help here. (Yes, UNIX definitely seems to be fun and useful, and I WILL eventually learn it for myself. But I am now on a different project and don't really have time to go through all the basics. So, I will really appreciate some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: latsyrc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter multiple lines

Hi. I need to filter lines based upon matches in multiple tab-separated columns. For all matching occurrences in column 1, check the corresponding column 4. IF all column 4 entries are identical, discard all lines. If even one entry in column 4 is different, then keep all lines. How can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk prints unwanted new lines

Hello, I need a little help with the following: I'm using AWK to read input from a comma-seperated value file, and only printing certain fields like so: awk -F "," '{print $1,$3,$6}' /list.csv | tail -1 Which outputs the following: server1 APPID OS I run into a problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter ONLY lines with non-printing charaters

I have a file contains data with non-printing characters. i have used cat -v filename to display whole data with non-printing characters also. However, i need lines with non-printing characters into seperate file. My file is huge and looks like i have to manully find lines using cat -v filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)

SYNOPSIS
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep - search log messages for a given pattern DESCRIPTION
The Grep filter requires a single Perl pattern (regular expression) as its argument. The pattern is then applied to the svn:log property of each revision it receives. If the pattern matches, the revision is allowed to continue down the pipeline. If the pattern fails to match, the pipeline immediately skips to the next revision. The pattern is applied with the /i modifier (case insensitivity). If you want case-sensitivity or other modifications to the behavior of your pattern, you must use the "(?imsx-imsx)" extended pattern (see "perldoc perlre" for details). For example, to search for log messages that match exactly the characters "foo" you might use svk log --filter "grep (?-i)foo" However, to search for "foo" without regards for case, one might try svk log --filter "grep foo" The result of any capturing parentheses inside the pattern are not available. If demand dictates, the Grep filter could be modified to place the captured value somewhere in the stash for other filters to access. If the pattern contains a pipe character ('|'), it must be escaped by preceding it with a '' character. Otherwise, the portion of the pattern after the pipe character is interpreted as the name of a log filter. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS Grep leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)