Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user expired
Operating Systems Solaris user expired Post 302140148 by porter on Thursday 11th of October 2007 03:55:17 AM
Old 10-11-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by murad.jaber
useradd
Try "usermod".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sending a message to a user when password will be expired

Hi, Does anyone have a script (for AIX) that sends a message to a user that his password will be expired within 5 days for ex. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diederd
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

License Expired

Hi: I´m working with a SCO system and during a reboot i accidentally change the date system. Now when i try to establish a telnet session the system reject me saying that the license has expired. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tavo23
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Non Expired Password

Hi, I am into production support and handling some of the AIX servers. We are planning to have a user id on a AIX system with non-expired password. Now the question is that if I have a non expired password then I cannot do a interactive login to AIX machine ( i:e cannot do Telnet ,SSH etc)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhhuu
0 Replies

4. AIX

HMC User account expired - What now?

I've created an hmc user account for our developers and set a pawword expiry to 30 days. Trouble is when the password expires they are asked to change it in the WebSM gui but it returns an error "XXXX check log file /var/websm/data/....log" which doesn't exist. I've tried resetting the password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backslash
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expired

Hi When i try to login with my username/password i get the following message 'Password for user 'lmathew' has expired - use passwd(1) to update it' please let me know what to do Thanks in advane Ammu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. Solaris

License expired

Hi I am working with Solaris 4.1.3 The system uses CMIS protocol to communicate with other system. The Live server is working properly. The fall back system says Licese CMIS expired. all the files are exactly similar on both the systems now if i change the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expired user alert

Dear Expert, I have made a script for check the expired user and it will send alert if the password will expire less than 8 days. #!/bin/ksh # Script for check who will expired the password # currentdate=`perl -le 'print time'` changeperiod=`echo $((84*86400))` remindperiod=`echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)