Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter unwanted lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter unwanted lines Post 302140126 by Raynon on Thursday 11th of October 2007 02:04:56 AM
Old 10-11-2007
Hi Vino,

Thanks for lending a hand.
But it seems that all the lines with "k=" are appended in which some are unwanted. Pls help me .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Remove the unwanted Blank Lines

I have a file with the below data, i would like to remove the end blank lines with no data. I used the below commands but could not able to succeed, could you please shed some light. Commands Used: sed '/^$/d' input.txt > output.txt grep -v '^$' input.txt > output.txt input.txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted lines

I have a .xml file, where i need some output. The xml file is like: Code: <?******?></ddddd><sssss>234</dfdffsdf><sdhjh>534</dfdfa>......... /Code I need the output like: code 234 534 . . . /code How can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep out unwanted lines

Hi, I got a log file and I want to grep out a list of unwanted line which are IP's. Basiclly I want everything ecxept the ip's from my list. If I do a while read line do grep -v $ip_from_my_list logfile done <ip_list it just grep's one IP at a time and repeats. :( Thanks for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only the last 'n' lines of a grep output?

I am running a grep query for searching a pattern, and the output is quite huge. I want only the last 200 lines to be displayed, and I am not sure if tail will do the trick (can tail read from std in/out instead of files?). Please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shell_newbie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) to remove unwanted entries

Ok, i have a .kml file that that i want to trim down and get rid of the rubbish from. its formatted like so: <Placemark> <name><!]></name> <description><!</b><br/>Frequency: <b>2437</b><br/>Timestamp: <b>1304892397000</b><br/>Date: <b>2011-05-08... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phear46
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of unwanted lines

Hi , My output contains the below contents When i execute df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' i get output as below tpshghghg.fgh.com:/vol/scmvol1/scm-vobstore/WebArch.vbs 1.7T 1.3T 452G 74% /vob/WebArch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter lines common in two files

Thanks everyone. I got that problem solved. I require one more help here. (Yes, UNIX definitely seems to be fun and useful, and I WILL eventually learn it for myself. But I am now on a different project and don't really have time to go through all the basics. So, I will really appreciate some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: latsyrc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter multiple lines

Hi. I need to filter lines based upon matches in multiple tab-separated columns. For all matching occurrences in column 1, check the corresponding column 4. IF all column 4 entries are identical, discard all lines. If even one entry in column 4 is different, then keep all lines. How can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk prints unwanted new lines

Hello, I need a little help with the following: I'm using AWK to read input from a comma-seperated value file, and only printing certain fields like so: awk -F "," '{print $1,$3,$6}' /list.csv | tail -1 Which outputs the following: server1 APPID OS I run into a problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter ONLY lines with non-printing charaters

I have a file contains data with non-printing characters. i have used cat -v filename to display whole data with non-printing characters also. However, i need lines with non-printing characters into seperate file. My file is huge and looks like i have to manully find lines using cat -v filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)