Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nested If question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nested If question Post 302140053 by NycUnxer on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 02:36:20 PM
Old 10-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
You have it right. Except the -a should maybe be a -f because -a means "and" which makes no sense in what you posted
Not my code, just a copy and paste. But I was wondering what the -a meant. I guess the -f means file. Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested looping question

Hi, I'm having some trouble with the syntax in constructing a simple nested 'for' loop. My code is as follows: #!/bin/bash dir1="fred flume haystack" for dir2 in ${dir1} do fred="1 2 3" flume="a b c" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Symlinks?

Please don't laugh or call me a fool... I'm trying to set up a script that will go through my Music File directory and generate a set of symbolic links in a directory called "What's New". Within that directory there will be a "30 Days", "3 Months", "6 Months" and "A Year" directories. Within... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If statement within Do / Done

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me out here; now i have searched and searched and have at least worked out that you can't have a nested if statement with a 'done' in it (as i have) as you're killing the parent before the child. So here's what i have, and here's hoping someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalgibbard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if question BASH

Just started learning bash ,and I am confused with sintaksis line 16: syntax error near unexpected token `else' thanks #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter: " read num if(($(echo ${#num}) == 0 )) then echo No arguments passed.Try again elif rem=$(echo $num | tr -d ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne-sh (not bash) question about nested loops and sed

Here's the input: alpha, numeric or alphanumeric string ("line 1 string") numeric string ("line 2 string") numeric string ("line 3 string") numeric string ("line 4 string") ... where - each numeric string is in a pattern that can be matched with RE but - there can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax question in regards to nested awk statements

Hello all, I am writing up an input file and I was hoping I could get some guidance as to how to best consolidate these 2 awk statements for 1 while loop. Here's my input file # cat databases.lst #NOTE: These entries are delimited by tabs "\t" #oracleSID name/pass # db11 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested if else -error

HI everyone, I am not able to find error in the script, when i run the script till line No. 20 i.e, read var4 everything runs fine. After that the script exits out. #!/bin/bash echo -e "Want dryrun OR merge: \n " read var1 if ] ; then echo -e "\n Please select from the given... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi.aradhya
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Nested If

I am having a problem with a nested if. I am sure I am overlooking something. I check for the existence of $Pidfl3 and it exists, o this condition I then want to check for the existence of a next file and remove it. The first if is executed, but on the second if I get test: argument expected. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charles Swart
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)