Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mail issue - Subject title missing Post 302140030 by kiem on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 12:40:45 PM
Old 10-10-2007
Mail issue - Subject title missing

I am not getting the Subject Title when sending mail from a Solaris server to the Outlook recipient.

Example:

#mail -s "Testing Subject title" xxx@mymail.com
Test
#

Here's what it shows in Microsoft Outlook (lil bit altered, but similar to it)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 4:51 PM
Subject:

Test

I'm not receicing "Test Subject title" under the "Subject:" heading, does anyone know?

Thank you for your time.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

"Solaris" - A very good example of a very bad subject title

Any body known this command uadmin 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subject line missing while sending mail

Hi, I have below script PROJECT_NAME=UDL/UDL_Weekly sub= echo ${PROJECT_NAME}|cut -d "/" -f2 cat pr.sh|mail -s "`hostname`: $sub failed" sonu.pal@xyz.com While running the script I am receiving the subject line in mail as " podetlsapp01: failed' instead of " podetlsapp01: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
1 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail - Log messages with sendmail. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => 'your subject', ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via "sendmail". METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail object. The following options are possible: from The sender address (From). to The receipient address (To). cc Carbon Copy (Cc). bcc Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) subject The subject of the mail. sender This option is identical with "sendmail -f". header With this options it's possible to set your own header. my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', header => 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => { From => 'bar@foo.example', To => 'foo@bar.example', Subject => 'my subject', 'Content-Type' => text/plain; charset= UTF-8', } ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => [ 'From: bar@foo.example', 'To: foo@bar.example', 'Subject: my subject', 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ] ); sendmail The default is set to "/usr/sbin/sendmail". params Parameters for "sendmail". The default is set to "-t". maxsize Set the maximum size of the buffer in bytes. All messages will be buffered and if "maxsize" is exceeded the buffer is flushed and the messages will be send as email. The default is set to 1048576 bytes. Set 0 if you want no buffering and send a mail for each log message. debug Set 1 if you want to enable debugging. The messages can be fetched with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered messages. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)