Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission denied
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Permission denied Post 302139976 by Cameron on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 07:17:55 AM
Old 10-10-2007
What is the contents of . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
PRINTENV(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       PRINTENV(1)

NAME
printenv, env -- print out the environment, set and print environment SYNOPSIS
printenv [name] env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
The printenv utility prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. If name is specified, only its value is printed. Some shells may provide a builtin printenv command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The env utility executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an envi- ronment variable, name, with a value of value. The options are as follows: -i Execute the utility with only those environment values specified. The environment inherited by env is ignored completely. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. The env utility is sometimes useful with the ``#!'' construct (see execve(2)). The only difference between ``#!/usr/local/bin/foo'' and ``#!/usr/bin/env /usr/local/bin/foo'' is that the latter works even if /usr/local/bin/foo is itself interpreted. Using env this way also allows one to reference foo without the path, as well as set up the environment as desired. ENVIRONMENT
The env utility uses the PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. DIAGNOSTICS
The printenv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. The env utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The env utility accepts the - option as a synonym for -i. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The printenv command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The env utility doesn't handle utility arguments with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD