Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using first word and print their contents using awk Post 302139939 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 03:12:16 AM
Old 10-10-2007
shell sed

Hi,
This one should be ok.

Code:
a=1;
while [ $a -le 1 ]
do
	echo "please input the character you would like to search,XX for exit"
	read var
	if [ $var = "XX" ]
	then
		a=2
	fi
	cat a | sed -n "/^$var/p"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - print file contents except regex

Hello, I have a file which has user information. Each user has 2 variables with the same name like Email: testuser1 Email: testuser1@test.com Email: testuser2 Email: testuser2@test.com My intention is to delete the ones without the '@' symbol. When I run this statement awk '/^Email:/&&!/@/'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmsagar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

print contents of file2 for matching pattern in file1 - AWK

File1 row is same as column 2 in file 2. Also file 2 will either start with A, B or C. And 3rd column in file 2 is always F2. When column 2 of file 2 matches file1 column, print all those rows into a separate file. Here is an example. file 1: 100 103 104 108 file 2: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.scientist
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to print line starting with particular word

Hi Geeks, Consider this line: driver=c:\folder1\folder2 The above line is contained in a variable say 'var' . I want to copy everything after 'driver=' in to another variable say var2. Please tell me how can this be done. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and print specific string using awk

Hi, I have list of directory paths in a variable and i want to delete those dirs and if dir does not exist then search that string and get the correct path from xml file after that delete the correct directory. i tried to use grep and it prints the entire line from the search.once i get the entire... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from matching word to end using awk

Team, Could some one help me in Printing from matching word to end using awk For ex: Input: I am tester for now I am tester yesterday I am tester tomorrow O/p tester for now tester yesterday tester tomorrow i.e Starting from tester till end of sentence (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to print 2nd last word

Hi, I have a file which has the following /usr/new/xyz/abc /us1/neb/yxr/def /usr/bin/cloud1/fgh /net/bin1/txt1/kdq I want to do something like this /usr/new/xyz/abc xyz /us1/neb/yxr/def yxr /usr/bin/cloud1/fgh cloud1 /net/bin1/txt1/kdq txt1 I need to add the 2nd last word to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matbrow
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop inside awk to read and print contents of files

Hello, I have a set of files Xfile0001 - Xfile0021, and the content of this files (one at a time) needs to be printed between some line (lines start with word "Generated") that I am extracting from another file called file7.txt and all the output goes into output.txt. First I tried creating a for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)