Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenating values in a File Post 302139907 by amitkhiare on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 09:43:29 PM
Old 10-09-2007
Thanks guys for youre help it worked.... awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=",";c=1} { n=sprintf("%03s",c++); $5=$5n ;print $5}' , Only i had to use %03s instead of %03d.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating the two lines in a file

hi My requirement is i have a file with some records like this file name ::xyz a=1 b=100,200 ,300,400 ,500,600 c=700,800 d=900 i want to change my file a=1 b=100,200,300,400 c=700,800 d=900 if record starts with " , " that line should fallows the previous line.please give... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating column values with unique id into single row

Hi, I have a table in Db2 with data say id_1 phase1 id_1 phase2 id_1 phase3 id_2 phase1 id_2 phase2 I need to concatenate the values like id_1 phase1,phase2,phase3 id_2 phase1,phase2 I tried recursive query but in vain as the length of string to be concatenated in quite long. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsaravana
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating File and String for Sendmail

I want o add a variable in addition to a file which will be send with sendmail. I have problems to find the correct syntax for concatenating this variable called $MyVariable. sendmail mai@domain.com </tmp/errormessage.txt $MyVariable] Thanks for your help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: high5
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding values concatenating values

I have the following script in a shell # The start of a filename file=$(ls -tr $EMT*.dat | tail -1) # Select the latest file echo $file file_seq=$( < /u02/sct/banner/bandev2/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat) echo $file_seq file2 = '$file_seq + 1' echo $file2 It is reading a file EFTSQL.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash -- concatenating values from variables

Hi This is a simple one but I got a lost in translation when doing. What I want to do, given both variables in the example below, to get one value at the time from both variables, for example: 1:a 2:b etc... I need to get this in bash scripting code: varas="1 2 3 4" varbs="a b c d"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranmanh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating contents of a file with members in a directory

Hi, I have a unix file with the below structure - CustId1 CustName1 CustPhn1 /u/home/xmldata/A000001 CustId2 CustName2 CustPhn2 /u/home/xmldata/A000002 CustId3 CustName3 CustPhn3 /u/home/xmldata/A000003 Then I have another unix directory /u/home/xmldata This directory has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simanto
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 3 files into a single file

I have 3 files File1 C1 C2 c3 File 2 C1 c2 c3 File 3 C1 c2 c3 Now i want to have File1 as C1 c2 c3 I File2 as C1 c2 c3 O File3 as c1 c2 c3 D and these 3 files should be concatenated into a single file how can it be done in unix script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ConCATenating binaries but excluding last bytes from each file

Hi there, shameful Linux Newbie here :p I was wondering if you could help with my problem... I have plenty of files I'd like to concatenate. I know how to basically use cat command but that won't be enough from what I need : excluding the last xx bytes from files before assembling since there's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grolido
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenating sequence length to another file

I want to add the sequence length of File_1.fa and File _2.fa to form the form the fifth column in File_1_pos.txt and File_2_poa.txt respectively using awk and bash. Can anyone help me? Thanks Get sequence length of each file File_1.fa File_2.fa Add the sequence length to be the third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibk
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)