Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to create folder wen the condition satisfied Post 302139848 by maximas on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 01:26:21 PM
Old 10-09-2007
thank you for ur great idea
its working man thank u a lot Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print remaining file after a condition is satisfied

Hi , could any one suggest me that how to determine if the first field is numeric and if it is greater than another number then from that point everything else should be printed using awk. I have tried this : awk -v xxxx=$xxxxx ' BEGIN { enable=0 } { print $1 if ( ( $1 !~ "^*$" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing old file name to new one if the old file name satisfied certain condition

Hi guys, I desperately need your help on my problem:- I got a folder in my directory that has many files in it. Most of the file's name is starting with certain prefix. Eg: ABC, CDE, EFG, etc. I only want to change file name that is starting from certain prefix and the rest I want them to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balzzz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

until loop : running even if condition is satisfied

I am checking one until loop with the following logic until || |||| do sleep 30 done before running this i am exporting above variables to SUCCESS.But the loop is running in infinite loop.My requirement is to make the loop run until all the 3 variables are SUCCESS or any of the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a condition for a non-included string

hey, just want to ask how to check this scenario a="apple banana cherry" if egg=0 fi how do you do the condition? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If both condition satisfied

pattern tin loop 3 tin xarg 1 tin jim 5 tin icon 2 tin tour 4 patn.out tin loop 3 tin jim 5 tin icon 1 tin tour 2 while read one two three do awk '$2 ~ /'"$two"'/' patn.out || while read four five six do awk -v n1=$three -v n2=$six '{BEGIN (n2<n1)?1:0}' done<patn.out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Dynamic if condition

Create Dynamic If condition Hi, I have a file color.txt which has data as shown below Red Blue Green Yellow White Pink Black Based on a variable I execute a tail command as shown below tail -${LEFT_OVR} color.txt LEFT_OVR can be any number less than count of number of lines in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create folder by using if and elif condition?

Hi All, I have already code to create folder for one country let say US , now we want to create folder/directory for JP country also using shell script , application server. $COUNTRY='US' if ] then if mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/TEST/$COUNTRY/$INVOICE >/dev/null 2>&1 | tee -a ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
5 Replies
file-roller(1)							   User Commands						    file-roller(1)

NAME
file-roller - create, view, modify, or unpack an archive SYNOPSIS
file-roller [--add] [--add-to=archive] [--default-dir=folder] [--extract] [--extract-to=folder] [--force] [--help] [--usage] DESCRIPTION
The File Roller application enables you to create, view, modify, or unpack an archive. An archive is a file that acts as a container for other files. An archive can contain many files, folders, and subfolders, usually in compressed form. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --add Ask for the name of the archive, then add the files, then quit the application. You can also use -a to specify this option. --add-to=archive Add files to the specified archive, then quit the application. You can also use -d to specify this option. --default-dir=folder Specify the default folder for the--add and --extract options. --extract Ask for the name of the destination folder, then extract the files, then quit the application. You can also use -f to specify this option. --extract-to=folder Extract archives to the specified folder, then quit the application. You can also use -e to specify this option. --force Create the destination folder without asking for confirmation. --help Display help text. You can also use -? to specify this option. --usage Display brief usage text. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking an Archive example% file-roller --extract archive EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/file-roller Executable for File Roller application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNW | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
File Roller Manual NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2003 file-roller(1)