Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting acl
Operating Systems AIX setting acl Post 302139720 by manoj.solaris on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 01:03:48 AM
Old 10-09-2007
Question setting acl

Hi,

I want to know how to set acl in aix via smitty and shell prompt, wheather we needs to install additional packages.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

ACL

Hi all, I've just been handled the responsibility for a FTP-site. Having no experiens of UNIX at all. And now one of my users needs to have full access to the usr directory and all it's subdirectories, don't know why just trying to do what the boss tells me. The type of UNIX is FreeBSD and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: -tri-
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

setting ACL's

Hi all, How can I set default owning user and default owning group with setfacl on Solaris 2.6 and up ? My idea is, that when a file is created by user x, and the default owning user is y, the ownership is set to y. This option is visible in the filemanager, though not editable. I can't find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_kann
5 Replies

3. Linux

setting acl on linux

Hi, while setting access control list I am getting error "Operation NOt Supported" Example :user A wants full access on test directory /home/user B/test, I dont want to add in secondary group bcz group has read permission, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up ACL in Apache

Folks; How can i setup ACL in Apache so i can give a group of users (defined by their emails (all users under *@red.com) access to a web page? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

5. Linux

ACL

Hi, I want to know what does the "effective" comment means in the output of the getfacl and whether it has to do with the acl mask... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gartlar
0 Replies

6. Solaris

ACL

Can i get the synopsis for add multiple users in single command for ACL access for a directory or a file thanks in advance dinu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

8. Solaris

ACL on the Solaris

we have two Solaris 10 servers with same configuration and settings. We have hard mounted the NFS with the version 4. In one of the server the newer ACL commands are working fine (chmod and ls -v) whereas in another only posix (getfacl and setfacl alone is working) when we try ls -V in in that... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help setting ACL's

Folks, Solaris 10 issue When I add a new directory to a path, I only get the "group@" line in the ACL The parent directory ACL is drwxrws---+ 12 root teama 12 Jul 18 10:31 . owner@:rwxp-DaARWc---:------:allow group@:rwxp-DaARWc--s:fd----:allow ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilberforce
0 Replies
ACL_DELETE_ENTRY(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				       ACL_DELETE_ENTRY(3)

NAME
acl_delete_entry, acl_delete_entry_np -- delete an ACL entry from an ACL LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_delete_entry(acl_t acl, acl_entry_t entry_d); int acl_delete_entry_np(acl_t acl, int index); DESCRIPTION
The acl_delete_entry() function is a POSIX.1e call that removes the ACL entry entry_d from ACL acl. The acl_delete_entry_np() function is a non-portable version that removes the ACL entry at position index from ACL acl. Positions are numbered starting from zero, i.e. calling acl_delete_entry_np() with index argument equal to zero will remove the first ACL entry. RETURN VALUES
The acl_delete_entry() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The acl_delete_entry() function fails if: [EINVAL] Argument acl does not point to a valid ACL. Argument entry_d is not a valid descriptor for an ACL entry in acl. Argument index is out of bounds. SEE ALSO
acl(3), acl_copy_entry(3), acl_get_entry(3), posix1e(3) STANDARDS
POSIX.1e is described in IEEE POSIX.1e draft 17. HISTORY
POSIX.1e support was introduced in FreeBSD 4.0. The acl_delete_entry() function was added in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The acl_delete_entry() function was written by Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>. BSD
June 25, 2009 BSD